UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem / CM Punk's debut

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He doesnt look good at 170. He was 210 in WWE and it wasnt like he looked the picture of health then.

He may have been 210 in WWE, but he wasn't in fighting shape at all. He needed to lose at least 20llbs with the fat, and i'm mean that loosely, he was carrying. For his frame, he should be walking around at 190 mark before camp. 

Welterweight is still full of monsters like Lawler, Woodley and Maia, and Punk isn't even as big as those guys who seem to make 170. The problem is Punk's age. The older you get the harder is it to cut weight. 

• Paid Members

My mate who works for William Hill online has said they is a lot off money coming in on Punk by sub, apparently when there is a big volume off bets coming in against expectations its as a result of "insider" into but all his seniors seem happy its just wrestling fans backing there guy.

As shit as Punk's striking sounds/looks/most likely is, I'd say the chances of him submitting a BJJ brown belt are even slimmer than him landing some sloppy arm punch and knocking Gall out. A punchers chance is one thing, you can knock out a better striker if you connect with the right punch at the right moment. Submitting a better grappler is less likely IMO.

The only x-factor for me is that Gall could possibly buckle under the pressure of being in such a highly promoted PPV fight just 2 fights deep into his career. He could freeze out there or get overexcited and make a stupid mistake. But the same goes for Punk as well. He's used to being in front of big crowds but he's not used to being in front of a big crowd while someone is trying to smash his face in or snap his arm.

• Paid Members

I tell you what, fuck all that talk of him looking ill in his suit, this is him on the scales, and considering where he started, he looks in great shape to me.

Nowhere near how Mcgregor or even Pettis looked on the scales.

Cr6kh8nWAAAY3ST.jpg

He looks pretty good, to be fair.

Considering it was his first experience of cutting weight for an actual fight, he looks a lot better/more hydrated than many long term fighters do. Hardly a McGregor/Bisping/Cormier situation.

But how fucking long is his neck?! You could fit four arms under that fucker. That giraffe is ripe for a choke.

• Paid Members

He looks OK there, yeah. That's the actual weigh in as well, isn't it? Not the fake televised weigh ins where everyone's had time to rehydrate and stuff. He looks alright.

That is some neck though. Gall's got to be looking at that and thinking guillotine.

Holy f**k! Didn't expect him to look that bad! Looks like he should be in Transpotting!

Guy looks in his 50s there not late 30s

Hope he can rehydrate correctly and healthily. Reminds me how awful De LA Hoya looked when he dropped back to 147 and Manny battered him!

• Paid Members

Holy f**k! Didn't expect him to look that bad! Looks like he should be in Transpotting!

Guy looks in his 50s there not late 30s

Hope he can rehydrate correctly and healthily. Reminds me how awful De LA Hoya looked when he dropped back to 147 and Manny battered him!

Get your eyes checked. 

• Paid Members

I think Punk looks great there. Probably the best shape I've ever seen him in. Doesn't look too drained either. Hitting championship weight is interesting. He's probably still getting killed, but that's a nice mind game to play when all the reports were that he was struggling.

Fucking hell. Imagine if he won. I'd be over the moon.

Archived