Jump to content

All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread (hot weather is class)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Somewhere in the midst of that mini heatwave I've been INFECTED with the worst bout of flu I can remember having in years. Bottle upon bottle of Night Nurse and Actifed just about keeping me going.

Posted

One of the girls in our office just asked us to turn off the air conditioning because of global warming. Apparently the Washington Post (or some such click bait site) has claimed half of Greenland has melted because of our AC or something - to be clear, because of OUR AC, not all of them but specifically ours.  Also air conditioning is what caused ISIS to exist.

 

Apparently 'ummm no love' wasnt the answer she expected

Posted

Does she sit at her desk with her chair back to front? Because she sounds like an AC slater to me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

AC is complete waste on every office I've ever worked in.

 

Switch it off and open a fucking window, let some fresh air in.

  • Paid Members
Posted

After spending a week working in India, I truly appreciated how bloody good AC could be. Without AC, I would have actually died due to the humidity. It would've been a proper Total Recall-style exposure to Mars' atmosphere death.

  • Paid Members
Posted

After spending a week working in India.

India, I can see AC being amazingly beneficial. In Walsall it's not quite such a must have..

Posted

I'm not accepting kudos for that one. I should have left the punchline hanging so people could feel clever when they got it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

This far into the thread and nobody's mentioned Pitrok yet?

 

Not the aerosol, the crystal. It's a godsend that it destroys the odour of sweat without being an anti-perspirant. A single stick is £7 but it lasts an absolute age.

  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

So how's everyone doing?

Weather is a bit crazy around the UK at the moment but where i am it's been near 30 for the last 2 days and will be tomorrow too. No rain forecast until Friday.

Edited by W35ty
  • Moderators
Posted

I like my times of year strongly defined by their weather. it is now September. I want to be chilly and nights to draw in now. May to August I want searing heat. Not now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...