Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted July 19, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2016 We just had a fire drill in work. 1500 people trying to get down a 16 floor fire escape which is primarily made up of large glass windows. Like a fucking sauna! Quote
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted July 19, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2016 (edited) Probably the third day I lived over here, I went to the shops in 100 degree heat and some insane degree of humidity. I couldn't get the key to work in the door when I got home, and as I stood there getting progressively more annoyed, I felt like I was going to faint in the hall. Finally ended up going back to the shops to stand around till someone with a working key came home. Edited July 19, 2016 by Sergio Mendacious Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted July 19, 2016 Moderators Posted July 19, 2016 (edited) "Good money on the bins". That's a catchphrase around here said enviously whenever anyone said they're a binman. Same up in Yorkshire for remuneration? Edited July 19, 2016 by PowerButchi Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 19, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2016 We'll be back to the monsoon soon enough.Will you stop.Ten stars. x2 Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 19, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2016 Any shit day in the office someone murmurs "Good money on't bins". Would rather die than do it today! Quote
Max Power Posted July 19, 2016 Posted July 19, 2016 To be fair there is money on't bins. There's also an incredible amount of sweat. But the people of Rotherham have looked after us with copious amounts of water. Walking through the front door at just after 1pm makes it all worthwhile though. Quote
Rey_Piste Posted July 19, 2016 Posted July 19, 2016 So far today I have seen a girl threaten to kick a load of Italian lads in the bollocks if they didn't stop playing football near a load of south Korean girls. As well as a skinny, greasy haired goth wearing a leather trench coat lookng like a sweaty extra in a straight to DVD Matrix rip off. Quote
W35ty Posted July 19, 2016 Posted July 19, 2016 A pro to working nights in this weather is i can sit in the garden all afternoon. The con is that i have to somehow find a way to sleep because sleeping in anything above 25 is hard. I'm seriously thinking about driving straight to sunny hunny after work tomorrow. It will take me about 1 1/2 hours but i will miss the morning rush hour. Quote
W35ty Posted July 19, 2016 Posted July 19, 2016 large glass windows. Like a fucking sauna! I'm a storeman and part of my work area is a -25 cold store Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted July 19, 2016 Moderators Posted July 19, 2016 To be fair there is money on't bins. There's also an incredible amount of sweat. But the people of Rotherham have looked after us with copious amounts of water. Walking through the front door at just after 1pm makes it all worthwhile though. Simon Day used to do a good bit that went along the lines of: "My old man's a dustman, he wears a dustman's hat, he's home by 2 and spends the rest of the day wanking and watching the racing. Not a bad life, is it?" Quote
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted July 19, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2016 make a dragon wanna retire Quote
The Gaffer Posted July 19, 2016 Posted July 19, 2016 (edited) The Likely Lads who work for a Sky call center across the road from where I work have taken to playing hurling during all available lunch breaks due to the spell of good weather. Were you a wimp like me in school who had a pathological fear of being twatted in the face with a ball? Well there is no worse ball to have flying around an industrial estate at high speeds than a sliotar. A game of hurling is terrifying to walk through, and it's the only way out. Who even brings a hurley to work? And then walks around with it in one hand and a fag in the other? They all have those mental Penny's shirts as well. The really generic ones that just say 'MIAMI TRIANGLE' across a girls tits. Edited July 19, 2016 by Gay as FOOK Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted July 19, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2016 a skinny, greasy haired goth wearing a leather trench coat lookng like a sweaty extra in a straight to DVD Matrix rip off. I've seen a ridiculous number of people walking around town in black hoodies, some with the hood up. Quote
deathrey Posted July 19, 2016 Posted July 19, 2016 (edited) I'm sat in my flat practically naked and I'm still struggling, how are people wearing hoodies?! Edited July 19, 2016 by deathrey Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.