Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

Nothing wrong with that name, but they're on a hiding to nothing if they think they're going to outsell my simplified version of the Fidget Spinner for under-5s.

Mark my words, by year's end there'll be a Kiddie Fiddler in every creche.

• Paid Members

No word of a lie: there used to be an Israeli DJ called Pedoo. Not inocuous in itself given that the pronunciation is clearly not the same, but it comes a bit close to the bone that he had a regular residency at some club called "Pedoo's Playground".

Obviously got to give him some leeway because most likely his English wasn't great, but given that he's not around under that name any more and the residency no longer exists, somebody must've had a word.

Primark sell them along with Black Sabbath, Motorhead and a few others. I think the Hell Awaits logo was used by some big fashion brand too, it doesn't bother me in the slightest if they don't know the band but some people get so offended.

• Paid Members

Didn't Buh Buh Ray Dudley make someone at a meet and greet name 10 motorhead songs before signing something as he had a Motorhead shirt on? I remember this as a thing but may have imagined it. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Sergio Mendacious said:

I used to have a t-shirt with Che Guevera on it, and I've never met him.

The development of Che Cuevera into a marketing icon is a wonderfully terrible and terribly wonderful thing.