Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

I might be missing an obvious reason for including his surname, but I guess when his future employers google him your post will lend credibility to his CV.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

I might be missing an obvious reason for including his surname, but I guess when his future employers google him your post will lend credibility to his CV.

You can take that to the bank! Don't underestimate the power of the UKFF's performance in search rankings!

i had to get Butch to take down the entire SHIT SCHOOLS thread because a former alumni googled our old school and that thread, specifically my post, in which I'd named various people in connection with unsavoury behaviours, ranked 1st and went viral on facebook amongst former pupils.

• Paid Members

Had a lot of that going on last week, on top of some other issues — it's the bane of my existence. Think it mainly originates from the power struggles at the start of secondary school, where Tim Davis was aiming to fight every lad bigger than him, and ended up breaking my nose.

Have you tried the thing where you squirt a load of saline up your nostrils to help with drainage? That works quite well for me, although one of the worst weeks of my life was when I went on a prescription nasal wash, and every time I used it, it got into my stomach and turned my shit into bright yellow arsepiss.

• Paid Members

So, following the death of Don Rickles, I realised I hadn't seen much of his work, and as a result have been watching a lot of old US comedy roasts from the 60s and 70s. They seem to be either the Dean Martin Man Of The Hour/Week or the Friars' Club. All good. Years ago, I'd seen my favourite, where Groucho Marx roasts Johnny Carson brilliantly, but I never followed it up.

A lot of these are brilliant: George Burns, Don Rickles, Dean Martin, Johnny Carson, Jerry Lewis, Joey Bishop, Sammy Davis Jr., Jimmy Stewart, Bob Hope, Gene Kelly, Henny Youngman, etc. Even Frank Sinatra gets a few in, and there are some great appearances from Ginger Rogers, George C. Scott, Bette Davis, and Muhammad Ali. It's also a great way to find out about American performers who were huge there but not here, like Milton Berle (who, apparently, is considered the first ever TV superstar), Phyllis Diller, Ruth Buzzi, Rich Little, Charlie Callas, and so on.

Anyway, I recently watched a Dean Martin-hosted roast of George Burns, and saw something that my trivia-addled mind finds incredibly cool:

Two of the guests are Orson Welles and the (then) upcoming, young impersonator, Frank Welker. That's right: Unicron and Megatron doing the same event over a decade before the movie.

Here, have a watch (apologies for the frame, couldn't find a better version):

Edited by Carbomb

44 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Xpac posted something on Twitter about how calling girls rats is bad. There was a reply to it from a fan saying the word "mark" is degrading and people should stop using it 😂

#MarkLivesMatter

Edited by SuperBacon
Thought of a better one

I didn't want to get to pluggy pluggy because I only lurk here but I done a book. 

No, seriously. 

http://lovestarpublications.bigcartel.com/product/vegetable-television

I'm basically running a cottage industry from my bedroom of self publishing and handling the distribution myself for chump change whilst the ultimate end goal of shopping it to literary agents for wider publishing distribution remains intact. It's kind of the cosmic vomit of a few years dissociation and dead ending on my part, and the writing of it was done between last November and March of this year. 

I'm not sure if it is to anybody here's tastes but check it out if you want. It's on Amazon too but my site is cooler. The missus done the cover art. 

Cheers.