Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

My friend bought me a selection of dreadful 1p cricket DVDs and I collected them while enjoying some refreshing alcoholic beverages last night. I massively overdid it, lost 4 hours somewhere and my recollection recommenced at about 1 AM, when I was on a train attempting to chat someone up while talking avidly about the following:

dg.jpg

I also lost Monty's Cricket Madness on the Circle Line and now have 12 mini Cathedral City in my bag from somewhere. I'm single.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

I also lost Monty's Cricket Madness on the Circle Line and now have 12 mini Cathedral City in my bag from somewhere. I'm single.

Woah, Monty's Cricket Madness is amazing in all the worst ways. He doesn't have any personality when he speaks at all, so Monty introducing cricketing 'gaffes' which are often not all that spectacular is a proper car crash. Was a favourite in our flat at university after a few beers or a smoke. 

• Paid Members

Sadly I will never get to experience similar revelry, because am I fuck spending £2 shipping on another copy of it. Thankfully I can wile away my golden years watching Botham's Cricketing Capers and Tuffers' Duffers though.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

There's an episode of Law & Order: SUV that starts off with Robin Williams convincing Pete from"30 Rock" to tie up and strip one of the staff members at the fast food restaurant he manages, as punishment. This reminds  me of that

There was also a case of this genuinely happening in the US a few years back, a prank caller pretending to be an police officer convincing a fast food manager to strip search an employee. I only really remember the case because it inspired a really nasty film. Think it was called 'Complicit'. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

There was also a case of this genuinely happening in the US a few years back, a prank caller pretending to be an police officer convincing a fast food manager to strip search an employee. I only really remember the case because it inspired a really nasty film. Think it was called 'Complicit'. 

All SVU episodes are nicked from real life, so I've got to assume that's the source, although Robin Williams probably wasn't involved.

6 hours ago, hallicks said:

I just had a sushi burrito, and it was fucking amazing, so I had another one.

Now THAT'S what this thread is for. 

So as i've mentioned just a few times on here i'm living in Vietnam right now. I just went to the local convenience store to buy a coke to give me energy for my last class of the day and a young teenage girl drops her stuff down on the counter while i'm being served (not considered rude here). She has the brightest blue alcopop in her hands. As we've had a few instances of children trying to drink cider in breaktime recently I asked her how old she was, turns out she was 12. As there is no drinking law in Vietnam I didn't have anything else to say while everyone in the shop just looks at me like the biggest fucking pedo in city. These kids have no idea what they are drinking and that age drinking shit like that really bothers me. If I was there age I would probably love it.