WWE Extreme Rules 2016 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Paid Members

The best bits going in really delivered. The four way was fantastic. WWE Match of the Year by a mile. Putting together a compelling multi-man is hard but this was absolutely beautiful. The last five minutes had the crowd pissing their pants and flowed superbly.

Reigns & AJ was great. Reigns was fucking tremendous again. Looked as smug as fuck and battered AJ. The Superman punch while AJ was on the top rope and the spear over the steps where beautiful spots. AJ's fucking incredible here again. Great facials before he snaps and goes mad with the chair. The "You can't wrestle" chants mentioned above are fucking slander! Muppets.

Rollins return was a shocker. I nearly missed it because I'd stopped concentrating. Why the fuck is he in tights and wrestling boots though? Numpty. Didn't give anything away as to what side he's on. Just his usual grumpy cat look. I hope he's the baby and Reigns goes full-on heel though. That would be a fantastic dynamic.

Ambrose & Jericho was shit TNA level stuff. Fair play to Jericho for taking the thumb tacks, for wearing jeans to sell it as a fight, not a match and for always being a heel but this went on for fucking ever.

Delighted Rusev is on his way up again. Natalya is the stupidest person alive for buying that horrendous wig as Ric Flair. 

Good show because two matches were terrific. Won't remember the rest in a day, let alone a year!

Roman is going above and beyond 'Super Cena' levels of kicking out now. Actually ridiculous and I like the guy. Not a bad show overall the Fatal 4 Way was fantastic.

Aye although it had me going, kicking out of the 2nd Styles Clash on the chair was a bit much. Uso hardly wasted much time pulling AJ out.

How the fuck is this a criticism of Reigns? AJ took TWO powerbombs through announce tables, a super-dooper powerbomb in the ring, a super-kick and a frog splash and still kicked out. Aj then kicking out towards the end actually made me buy that he was winning.. This is their main event style.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye it's a silly complaint to lay at Roman's feet since everyone in the main event is Superman and kicks out of everything these days.

Same with no selling the leg. Asuka did the same against Bayley, sold it for about 10 seconds and was back to doing movez like it was nothing.

It's just the way things are now.

I'm going to get destroyed for this but the Reigns/AJ match was nothing but a well laid out spot fest. You can imagine they went through that match before hand a 1000 times and it went exactly as planned. You could see what was coming a mile away before it happened the backdrop through the table because of the positioning and the spear through the barrier for the same reason. There was no drama, no emotion, no suspense. Reigns is bland as fuck and might as well be made out of wood. AJ should have borrowed the mop from the Ambrose/Jericho match and worked with that instead in the main event. How can you say that Reigns is tremendous?...what did he do that was so great? He went through the motions, did his stuff that we have seen a thousand times before and then went to the finish. Can he even wrestle? has he ever done a simple bodyslam, hip toss, arm drag? yeah he can do the spots but why don't WWE showcase his actual wrestling ability and have him trade holds and chain wrestle and build a match correctly, instead of 5 mins in going for your first big spot. Why take the flimsy cover off they announce table and the monitors in a fight? wouldn't an announce table spot be so much better if it was spontaneous? I'm not saying WWE should go back to allowing chair shots to the head but they should think about making steel chairs to the back redundant for a while because they are becoming boring as well...seen it once you have seen it a million times.

How is it slander the fans chanting you can't wrestle at Reigns? I can't remember him ever being in actual WRESTLING match were his actual wrestling abilities were on show? until proven otherwise then its fair game for the fans to chant that. Shawn Michaels can wrestle, Daniel Bryan can wrestle, Triple H can wrestle, AJ Styles can wrestle....Roman Reigns as far as fans are aware from the evidence WWE have provided us...can't wrestle. The fans aren't chanting it for fun they are chanting it because its true...they don't chant it at Chris Jericho...why? because he can wrestle. If Roman Reigns came in to WWE as a TREMENDOUS wrestler, then they wouldn't chant it at him. Watch Taker against Michaels at what ever WrestleMania it was...that's wrestling why? because THEY CAN WRESTLE. When WWE serves up a fantastic Fatal Four Way Match earlier in the night featuring 4 very talented technically skilled WRESTLERS then the fans have to watch Reigns in the main-event its obvious they are going to feel like that because its like after they were served a T Bone steak but then after were offered a slice of toast.

Back in the early 90's the IC title match or matches involving Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart etc were put on last were as matches involving lesser skilled but bigger stars wrestlers were put on in the middle of the card because WWE wanted to send fans home happy after seeing quality wrestling in the main-event...maybe WWE should re-think that when they have the title on an average guy like Roman Reigns.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

'Build a match correctly?'

Bog off.

It's fake. It's not a sport. There is no nobility in it. It's popcorn entertainment and whatever you need to do in the ring to build a story is considered 'wrestling'. Roman Reigns is a very good wrestler because he consistently has matches that tell stories and engage audiences. He's one of the premiere wrestlers in the world today.

• Paid Members

There was no drama, no emotion, no suspense.

This is bollocks. There was plenty of drama in the big near falls at the end. No-one on the planet (well no-one sane so you probably did) thinks Reigns is dropping the title to AJ Styles so to create any sort of unpredictability was superb on their part. of course some of the spots are obvious, they always are in these matches. It's not WWE's fault that nerds on forums like us know some of it is coming. 

Also, why the fuck would a guy as stacked as Roman Reigns be chain wrestling a midget like AJ Styles? He's a power guy. He punches the shit out of people. That's his game. And you know what? He's fucking great at it. AJ deserves credit for taking it too and for showing his versatility. AJ can do the Eddie/Dean rip-off match with a fellow midget until the cows come home. But that little fucker can work his arse off against a big man and make them both look supreme.

Reigns is sometimes bland as a character but he's not in the ring. And certainly not here with his smug poses and sarcastic mannerisms. And for a dude as big as he is, he's athletic as hell. God I wish he'd just go full on heel and add bashing workrate wankers to his incredible list of skills.

Have to echo what people have said - the 4-way and the title match were excellent. Honestly didnt think Reigns and AJ would gel when their first match was announced but they have had 2 really good matches over the past month.

Natalya is so unlikeable I am glad she lost. She is just too smug and entitled.

The New Day has been over-done (as we all feared) and can just sod off now quite frankly.

Good show overall.

• Paid Members

Reigns has delivered in every PPV singles match he's had since February last year. What a guy. Best wrestler of the year so far. In the ring he knows how to work as a proper main eventer.

I don't think the criticism of him kicking out too many times is fair. That's the WWE style these days. Everyone kicks out of everything all the time. I didn't notice it being any more than usual. Plus after he kicks out Roman still sells with all his heart. Dude looks knackered and beaten down but keeps on fighting.

Reigns has delivered in every PPV singles match he's had since February last year. What a guy. Best wrestler of the year so far. In the ring he knows how to work as a proper main eventer.

I don't think the criticism of him kicking out too many times is fair. That's the WWE style these days. Everyone kicks out of everything all the time. I didn't notice it being any more than usual. Plus after he kicks out Roman still sells with all his heart. Dude looks knackered and beaten down but keeps on fighting.

Totally agree with this. Anyone could've crumbled after the Royal Rumble fiasco of last year when the crowd shat on him but he's been consistently great since the match with Lesnar at Mania. It's ridiculous that he's still getting arsehole smarky reactions. Noticed Bubba Ray getting stuck into the idiots on Twitter though, fair play to him for that.

• Awards Moderator

I want to know what Dazzler thought when Cesaro came out looking like something from The Love Boat...

There was a little cut to Kevin Owens doing sarcastic thumbs up during Cesaro's entrance, and my first thought was 'I bet that's what daz off the forum does as well'.

Archived