WWE Extreme Rules 2016 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Paid Members

As expected, a good show with a couple of great matches.

It was expected they'd move on from the Styles/Reigns feud, but a shame it's happening. Styles has done a tremendous job with Reigns. I had little interest in watching him and his title run, but these two (and WWE) did a grand job. Like the match at the last PPV, while I knew Reigns would win there was still a moment or two in there that had me fooled Styles was winning - although if you are being super picky, Reigns kicking out of the Styles Clash on the chair was a bit overkill, but it hardly ruined a quality match. I hope these two have another match in the winter.

Sadly, Rollins turning up was spoiled for me, so his return was meh. Particularly because it means we won't be getting a Shield reunion any time soon and Rollins will be back playing his crap panto villain in no time. He's a shite heel.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I really don't give two shites about Rollins being back, as a heel or face. I hate his face, his shitty raspy promos and he looks too small to be delivering the pedigree with any sort of power. He looked like a clown turning up in his ring gear as well. AJ is the absolute business though, pity he fucked around in TNA for so long.

WWE Fans: Fuck Roman, he needs to do more moves!!

Roman does different moves during his match of the year candidate bout

WWE Fans: YOU STILL SUCK, YOU STILL SUCK.

I can't think of anything more he could do to get the crowd to cheer him. He could cut a Ric Flair calibre promo and people would still say he's shit.

I'd absolutely love to see him turn heel and beat the fuck out of absolutely everybody.

Surprised to see no recognition for The Miz. I really loved him during his match and he is playing his part just right. More Miz please. I'd happily see him with a lengthy run with the Intercontinental Championship through the Summer. Plus it seems some what fresh.

The Main Event was good. Again this felt really fresh.

IC Match was very good.

Jericho taking the thumb tack bump was a surprise.

Rollins is back too which is fantastic

That Asylum matched went into Kennel From Hell territory in the middle, didn't it. The concept just didn't click and the crowd apathy lingered way longer than it should have into the period of the match where Ambrose and Y2J really tried. If Dean's fiery comebacks are met with indifference from one of dem crowds it's safe to say you're goosed. For some reason considering how shiny and contrived gimmick matches can be in the high production era a part of me kind of assumed the tacks would be gimmicked until I saw the little blood droplets coming from them so that got me good and had me quite shocked. No better guy to sell it, either. Jericho's really come on strong since turning heel. Nowhere near as important as he believes a win over himself probably is, sure, but to deny him a place in the card right now I think is mad. He's got plenty to contribute.

I obviously agree with the consensus on the four way. Blew me away. The main event still takes the show for me though. It had it all. I just absolutely fucking love these two. It's so, so fresh. They have such good chemistry. And it's all still completely in spite of how much of Reigns they've blown and what a whacked vortex of hero/but not really/but sort of!/but hey boo him/but it's not the idea! he is in. Roman Reigns is bloody good at main event fights. I really hope AJ gets a title win in the coming months and that Roman is involved in the match. That's how you develop consistency to this fresh main event picture. They've done well not to hot shot the title in recent years but don't be afraid to pass it back and forth a bit. Nobody gave a piss when Rock and Triple H done it. If AJ never gets a run with the belt and just goes back to take his place on the fringes of the title picture when someone else slots in to his place to have a go at Roman for two months it'll be such crap, really. 

Delighted to see Rollins, too. Money In The Bank could be fun. I reckon with Cena coming back too SummerSlam could be something special this year. The Brooklyn weekender thing is a great new tradition, and there'll be a welcome, more comparatively relaxed hype around it compared to your average WrestleMania. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, The Honky Tonk Miz is playing it perfectly. Not only is Cesaro the fall guy, but they're having all the internet favourites do all their hard work, only for that rubbish Miz to come sneaking in after all them moves and rob his belt back. He should have the thing until 'Mania or something and have Nakamura come in (or Ryback) and do a Warrior. Good work in the midcard, these days.

Also, sadly booing Reigns is now part of the show, like Cena. A short term heel run would probably fix that, but they've got Cena as an example of that not being necessary.

Main event was incredible.

The Styles feud has finally made Roman for me.

Very disrrspectfull crowd in my book. Fn smarks. He worked so hard and really innovated his arsenal. Both Looked great.

Such a great finish.

I hope AJ wins the IC TitLe fast. He has so much momentum now and he really proved himself. I hope the machine stays behind him.

• Paid Members

I think the Ambrose Asylum's biggest issue was most the weapons were fucking pussy dickhead weapons. It's supposed to be a brutal asylum. A fucking broom?! A fire extinguisher?! Plant pot?! Nunchucks, the gayest ninja weapon?! Should have been chains, brass knucks, kendo sticks etc.

Ambrose is fucking horrible. Can't believe people genuinely wanted him to dethrone Roman as the guy. Multi millionaire Chris Jericho doing the honours and falling into drawing pins for him shows how much of a team player he is. No matter how much he tries though, Ambrose is mid card for life.

I do worry about Ambrose. That's the first time I've really watched him and thought he might actually be fucked now. As others have said, that was a crowd that shouldve been absolutely crazy for him.

Not much more to say really that hasn't been said. I did think the opener was surprisingly good considering how many times I've seen them together recently. I know the Usos were already getting stale but their association with Reigns has really fucked them over hasn't it?

All 4 guys in the IC title match did an amazing job. Miz is absolutely perfect in that role against three Internet darlings, much like his work with Daniel Bryan. He knows exactly what he is and relishes that role. Anyone that says he can't wrestle or work is talking complete shit.

The main event had everything really. Again it made me believe for a few seconds that AJ might win and that's all I needed. They just work so well together. I do worry what they'll do with him now Rollins is back but it's been a far better few months for AJ than I ever imagined him having in WWE. As for Roman, can't fault the guy at all. I've come to expect that level of performance from him in PPV matches. It's just a shame his character work doesn't match, but that's certainly not down to him (mostly). He's clearly working his arse off. Much like Cena, I hate the character but love the matches.

• Paid Members

Given how little excitement there seemed to be ahead of Extreme Rules I thought it was pretty solid. 4 way was absolutely amazing & stole the show without a doubt. As mentioned, the Ambrose/Jericho match went on far too long & never appeared to get any rhythm or momentum going. Every time the ref spoke to one of them I was hoping he was telling them to end it. I skipped the womens match as it held absolutely no interest, from reading this thread it seems I missed nothing. Main event was good but I enjoyed the Payback match more. AJ continues to work his sack off & Reigns continues to be wank. Every time you hear JBL repeat that 'it doesn't matter if the crowd are booing him, he's getting a reaction' or 'he's not a good guy, a bad guy.......' it's makes me shudder. So bad.

I don't know what people want from wrestling. That main event was a a brilliantly entertaining match. I was jumping up and down like a maniac at each near fall. How can anybody denigrate Roman Reigns in ring abillity? He's intense as fuck and bumps around like a maniac. He took a fucking styles clash! Anybody that has an issue with him or that main event should find something else to watch. Moany cunts.

Archived