WWE Extreme Rules 2016 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

I thought it was a fun PPV throughout.  Really pleased to see Rollins back.  I wonder if they're going to give him a title shot at the next PPV or throw him into the mix for the MITB ladder match?  But yeah that fatal 4 way was a fucking cracker.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C-rock do you honestly think The Undertaker is more of a 'wrestler' than Roman Reigns is?

Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Big Show, Kane, Ultimate Warrior, Kevin Nash, Sid Vicious.. the list is endless to completely debunk C-Rock's statement.

• Paid Members

Undertaker has a really crap MMA submission he does sometimes. I think that gives him "wrestler" points.

He wears MMA gloves too, don't forget that.

C-Rock being involved in BritWres, despite completely not 'getting it' whatsoever, makes me sad.

C-Rock, where do you put Cena in your list of proper wrestlers? Take into account that he went into edit a superstar mode and put a Canadian Destroyer and Springboard Stunner into his strong grapples. Is he good now, or does he still need to drop about 120lbs and 7 inches in height?

C-rock do you honestly think The Undertaker is more of a 'wrestler' than Roman Reigns is?

I was going to ask the same question. I don't remember seeing Taker hitting arm drags, trading holds and chain wrestling in his highly rated matches over the last few years. He plays to his strengths and so does Reigns. Reigns is not perfect, but he is putting on great matches at most of the PPVs this year.

• Paid Members

How many movez you need to know in order to be considered a wrestler? I personally can perform a hammerlock, wrist lock, headlock, clothesline, drop toe hold and a Japanese (Japan!) armdrag. Am I wrestler correctly?

C-Rock, I would be here all day if I decided to go through your post and pick out everything that is wrong with what you say, but here are a couple of things:

You can imagine they went through that match before hand a 1000 times and it went exactly as planned.

I expect that the 4 "wrestlers" in the IC title match went through what they were going to do in their match many times as well. You would hope that most would go through their match before hand and know what big spots they were going to have to partake in. Styles is not exactly going to be thrown though tables without knowing about it beforehand.

He went through the motions, did his stuff that we have seen a thousand times before and then went to the finish.

Which can be a criticism for any wrestler on the roster.

Why take the flimsy cover off they announce table and the monitors in a fight? wouldn't an announce table spot be so much better if it was spontaneous?

I would rather them remove the cover and monitors, than have Styles end up injured for months when he cracks his back off the monitor that was left on the table because it looked more real in a fake fight.

I'm going to get destroyed for this but the Reigns/AJ match was nothing but a well laid out spot fest. You can imagine they went through that match before hand a 1000 times and it went exactly as planned. You could see what was coming a mile away before it happened the backdrop through the table because of the positioning and the spear through the barrier for the same reason. There was no drama, no emotion, no suspense. Reigns is bland as fuck and might as well be made out of wood. AJ should have borrowed the mop from the Ambrose/Jericho match and worked with that instead in the main event. How can you say that Reigns is tremendous?...what did he do that was so great? He went through the motions, did his stuff that we have seen a thousand times before and then went to the finish. Can he even wrestle? has he ever done a simple bodyslam, hip toss, arm drag? yeah he can do the spots but why don't WWE showcase his actual wrestling ability and have him trade holds and chain wrestle and build a match correctly, instead of 5 mins in going for your first big spot. Why take the flimsy cover off they announce table and the monitors in a fight? wouldn't an announce table spot be so much better if it was spontaneous? I'm not saying WWE should go back to allowing chair shots to the head but they should think about making steel chairs to the back redundant for a while because they are becoming boring as well...seen it once you have seen it a million times.

How is it slander the fans chanting you can't wrestle at Reigns? I can't remember him ever being in actual WRESTLING match were his actual wrestling abilities were on show? until proven otherwise then its fair game for the fans to chant that. Shawn Michaels can wrestle, Daniel Bryan can wrestle, Triple H can wrestle, AJ Styles can wrestle....Roman Reigns as far as fans are aware from the evidence WWE have provided us...can't wrestle. The fans aren't chanting it for fun they are chanting it because its true...they don't chant it at Chris Jericho...why? because he can wrestle. If Roman Reigns came in to WWE as a TREMENDOUS wrestler, then they wouldn't chant it at him. Watch Taker against Michaels at what ever WrestleMania it was...that's wrestling why? because THEY CAN WRESTLE. When WWE serves up a fantastic Fatal Four Way Match earlier in the night featuring 4 very talented technically skilled WRESTLERS then the fans have to watch Reigns in the main-event its obvious they are going to feel like that because its like after they were served a T Bone steak but then after were offered a slice of toast.

Back in the early 90's the IC title match or matches involving Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart etc were put on last were as matches involving lesser skilled but bigger stars wrestlers were put on in the middle of the card because WWE wanted to send fans home happy after seeing quality wrestling in the main-event...maybe WWE should re-think that when they have the title on an average guy like Roman Reigns.

I don't usually jump on people because I tend to respect most people's opinions but I completely disagree.

As other people said Reigns can wrestle and it shows a lack of understanding of the industry to say otherwise. Hogan and The Undertaker - two of the biggest names in the industry - would hardly be called mat technicians but to say they can't wrestle is ridiculous... same as Reigns. You need to ask the question... if you had the look, the size and the strength of Reigns would you honestly lock up and do a arm drag sequence? Would you do chain wrestling? No.. you would be a the fuck out of your opponent. 

Hogan could wrestle very well - just watch his matches in Japan particularly against Great Muta. But people wouldn't pay to see him doing that technical style, they paid to see Hogan be Hogan. Punch punch, kick kick, leg drop of doom, pin. If you can get away with that why deviate? Being able to do the chain stuff is all well and good but doesn't mean you have to do it. Same as big guys - just because you can do a moonsault doesn't mean you have to do it every match. Lesnar doesn't have to do his shooting star press from the top rope to be over (though thankfully he won't be doing that again!)

My point is, work to your strengths. 

In my mind a great 'wrestler' is about drawing an emotion from the crowd - good or bad. Wrestling is not about the MOVEZ. 

Also as a side note... apparently Randy Savage went through his WMIII match on paper, over and over again with Steamboat prior to the match. Every fuckin move! Headlock, arm drag, arm bar, off the ropes etc... 

The table spot - taking the covers and monitors off of the table - is nothing new or unique to this match or Reigns. They have been doing this for about 15 years +. It's that or breaking your back on the corner of a monitor and losing the company a tonne of money... Ah damn what were they thinking! 

Archived