UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Looking at both cards, I'd say I'm equally excited about them. Both cards provide something that the other doesn't, and both are going to be pretty awesome.

Yep, two amazing looking shows. We can't complain.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more excited by the 198 card currently.

Apologies for double post.

I've seen this a few times from people on social media and I have to say I think this is a crazy statement (Sorry Bifkin),

Yes 198 has a lot of stars, but most of those fights, outside of the top 2, have little to no meaning in their respective divisions. Silva vs Urijah Hall? It's a nothing fight. Same with Shogun and little Nog's fights. All nothing fights. 

I'm interested in the headliner, but that's really it. The co-main is mildly interesting, but lets be honest, since USADA, both Jacare and Belfort seem bizarrely average. 

Don't get me wrong, it's still a good lineup, but even this unfinished 200 line up is better than UFC 198.

Just my own opinions but - 

Diaz v McGregor - will be massive by the time the fight comes around but I'm generally expecting the pre-fight stuff to be better than the fight itself. As I said earlier, I didn't come away from the last fight wanting a rematch, in contrast to say Lawler vs Condit.

Aldo v Frankie - been done before and clearly just on the card in case Diaz gets injured. The only fight on the card for a title and it's not even a real one!

Cain v Browne & Hendricks v Gastelum - group together because none of the fighters have any momentum and it will be amazing if even one of these happens given the track record of everyone involved. If they do happen and Gastelum and Cain do the double for Mexico I'll be VERY happy though...

Mousasi v Brunson is a bit meh but Gomi v Miller and Sanchez v Lauzon could be amazing I'll admit. 

I won't run through 198 suffice to say I love every fight on that card and there will be someone I give a fuck about in just about every match.

I do think 200 needs a big title fight...it basically needs Robbie Lawler or RDA.

Aldo v Frankie - been done before and clearly just on the card in case Diaz gets injured. The only fight on the card for a title and it's not even a real one!

Zero chance that's the case, as unless Diaz gets injured in May, there's no way Conor's getting to 145 on short notice. He'd be too far gone.

I think part of his strategy now will be to get to 175-178 and 'cut' a small amount of weight to 170, rather than eating upwards. There's fuck all chance he'll be fighting at 145.

• Paid Members

Aldo vs Frankie is an incredible fight to me. It's been done before, but that was Frankie's first fight at 145 and since then has become a machine. I don't actually see either of them stepping up and facing Mcgregor if Diaz drops out though.

Whilst it's an interim title, there's still a title on the line. Mcgregor wouldn't put his title up either since he would be preparing for a 170llb fight. I don't think either of them would benefit (unless they are given a shit load of cash?) if they stepped up. 

Edit:- Daz beat me to it. 

• Paid Members

I don't recall Nate or Nick Diaz ever pulling out of a fight injured. It's always good to have an insurance policy and sticking Aldo vs Edgar on the same card is a smart move, but I'd be surprised if that's needed. Nate will fight. Especially with the money he'll make for fighting Conor McGregor at UFC 200! It's going to be the payday of his life, surely.

Who'd have ever thought, a few months ago when we were all speculating what the UFC 200 card would look like, that Nate Diaz of all people would headline that PPV? Just over a year ago he got battered by Dos Anjos and was sitting on the sidelines being forgotten. The Diaz's love to moan that everything is against them and that everyone tries to hold them back but Nate's had some amazing luck with the timing of everything here. Whatever happens in the future, he's fallen in a barrel of tits this year. From Dos Anjos' injury to Edgar also being injured to other fighters turning down UFC 196, and it all happening at the perfect time for Nate to get that UFC 200 main event spot. The only bit that wasn't luck was his actual win at 196. Obviously that's the main ingredient here so he fully deserves this spotlight. He had to go out there and beat McGregor to make the even bigger rematch a possibility. But a lot of shit went right for Nate to end up getting in that position. For all the decisions that went against him in the past which he thought were robberies, or 'funny judging' as he calls it, this has made up for it all ten-fold.

I'm intrigued by the talk that there'll still be more title fights announced for this card yet. What are we thinking? Is Lawler vs GSP a real possibility? If GSP is going to fight in July though, they better get a deal done soon. I still think we might well see Tate vs Rousey 3 added yet.

Is anyone else surprised by how quickly and easily Rousey has kind of fallen off the MMA landscape and become forgotten to an extent?

I wouldn't go that far. She's been on Saturday Night Live and other talk shows. She's still one of the biggest stars in MMA, perhaps even the biggest. 

Amongst MMA fans, she isn't a hot topic at the moment, as it's not clear when she's going to fight next. Also, it's a busy time with McGregor, Diaz, D.C and Jones all being involved in major affairs.

If Rousey was pencilled in to fight at UFC 200, or a show after that, she would dominate MMA discussion again. 

• Paid Members

Talking about other title fights that could be added to the card. It pretty much boils down to:

Lawler / GSP

Lawler / Woodley

Lawler / RDA

RDA / Alvarez (is Alvarez booked at the moment?)

Tate / Rousey

Tate / Holm

Nothing else is really possible at this point, is it?

Archived