UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

At this point I'm convinced they don't care about marking 200 as a super event.

170 lbs.: Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor

135 lbs.: Women's Bantamweight Champion Meisha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes

145 lbs.: Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar for interim Featherweight title

265 lbs.: Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne

185 lbs.: Derek Brunson vs. Gegard Mousasi

155 lbs.: Joe Lauzon vs. Diego Sanchez

170 lbs.: Johnny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum

155 lbs.: Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller

155 lbs.: Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marin

Yeah really rubbish, looks like a Euro Fight Night card.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Can anyone seriously see Dana calling Meisha and saying "okay, UFC 200, the big one! We have you lined up to face Holm in the big rematch!" for Tate to say "Well, I've talked it over with Bryan and we're not too keen on that blockbuster idea, we'd rather face Nunes instead?"

I can imagine how Dana and Lorenzo would react to that kind of shit! Tate's not a champ with that kind of pull in my opinion, she's fighting whoever the company put in front of her.

I need to make it clear David, my frustration is not with Tate, and unlike Chunk, very much with the UFC.

I know again Tate should be applauded for fighting all comers, but my gripe is Nunes has beaten nobodies. The only name of note is a Sara Mcmann who hasn't been the same since the Rousey fight. Is she a good fighter? Without doubt, but she certainly shouldn't be up there potentially ruining this Holm/Rousey/Tate carousel. 

The fight to make was the rematch. Holm controlled 90% of the first fight with ease but became complacent. She previously dismantled the previous champion who was perceived as unbeatable. She more than warranted an immediate rematch and no other fight makes sense from a rankings perspective and business perspective. You then protect the huge money fight once Rousey returns November.

And to follow up from what Mike has written, Chunk, honestly, do you not think 200 is a super event?? I still expect 1 more big fight announcement too. 

They aren't interested in Tate v Rousey 3, which is why Holm got the match with Ronda in the first place.

So probably hoping Nunes wins, then fights Rousey in November.

Then hopefully sets up the Rousey V Holm match.

Or maybe they are saving Holm for Cyborg?

They aren't interested in Tate v Rousey 3, which is why Holm got the match with Ronda in the first place.

I'm sure Holm was offered the Cyborg fight and turned it down in order to take a rematch for the title.

• Paid Members

The problem with that is that Nunes is extremely dangerous, probably the most dangerous female fighter in the division given her style. I think having Nunes face Rousey on her return would be a disaster.

The safest way to the big money fight is Holm vs Tate which I think Holm wins based on what I saw the last fight.

As David mentions above, Holm did turn down Cyborg at 198 for a rematch. Maybe this is Dana getting back at Holm's agent who he infamously hates. 

At this point I'm convinced they don't care about marking 200 as a super event.

135 lbs.: Women's Bantamweight Champion Meisha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes

145 lbs.: Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar for interim Featherweight title

265 lbs.: Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne

185 lbs.: Derek Brunson vs. Gegard Mousasi

155 lbs.: Joe Lauzon vs. Diego Sanchez

170 lbs.: Johnny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum

155 lbs.: Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller

155 lbs.: Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marin

Yeah really rubbish, looks like a Euro Fight Night card.

I get what he's saying though I don't think the card comes across really as any stronger than 198. Even with the 3 title fights.

• Paid Members

I won't get into this as we've gone there with excitement point of views, but you've the two biggest men's stars in the sport in the main event, 2 title fights, and every single fight on the 200 card is so difficult to predict.

UFC 198 is full of has been Brazilian stars, and outside of the top fight, most of the fights are complete mismatches. 

• Paid Members

This is the only "BIG" fight on this card IMO:

Tate vs Nunes is shit.

Aldo/Edgar for me is big. It's not mega, but it certainly is a big fight and worthy of 200. 

Thats not really true though.  Tate Vs Rousey 3, with Tate as the champion is far more appealing than if Meisha was challenging. 

I'm not sure if Nunes wins this fight.  If Tate can get her out of the 2nd round then I can see Nunes gassing and losing the final 3 rounds.

Anyway, signing this fight is so short sighted by the UFC.  It's such a massive gamble the promotion did not have to take.  I don't know, maybe their becoming drunk with their recent success, but they have made some baffling decisions recently.  Interim FW title fight on the same card as the champion, not to mention the LHW title fight. 

I hope it works out for Tate, because she is potentially throwing away millions of dollars by taking this fight.  I would never normally say this, but I would not be unhappy if Tate got injured and had to pull out of this fight!

• Paid Members

This is the only "BIG" fight on this card IMO:

Tate vs Nunes is shit.

Aldo/Edgar for me is big. It's not mega, but it certainly is a big fight and worthy of 200. 

Yeah sure - it's a great fight, as is the Cain fight - looking forward to both. I'm more referring to "big" fights - like a GSP or a Rousey or even a Jones as a co-main, which would make the event feel huge. Or even Robbie vs Condit II, or an RDA title defense would have been cool. We only have 1 big fight on this show, albeit MEGA IMO.

That said, I think UFC 200 will break PPV records with McGregor vs Diaz 2 - despite how negative people are on the rematch, it has a big story & background behind it now & that's what attracts the casual fans - and they're the difference maker. All the people moaning about the fight will buy it anyway.

I just would have liked a big co-main. 

• Paid Members

The women's title fight does put a dampener as a co-main event, and I still think there's one more massive fight that's going to be announced. 

There's Zingano/Pena on the card too which I'm more excited for than all the fights announced so far outside of the main and Edgar/Aldo. It should be a superb fight. In fact, I would have preferred a Tate vs Zingano instead of Nunes. In fact, ZIngano has finished both women involved in the title fight. 

• Paid Members

I was only taking the piss about Caraway in reference to earlier chat on here. Of course I wasn't being serious.

I'm not saying 200 isn't a great card, it clearly is. I want 200 to stand out head and shoulders above everything since 100 though, and it doesn't. It's a great card but on par with many other cards over the last few years.

I agree with Herbie. Only McGregor / Diaz is a huge fight on that card. Everything else would struggle to / couldn't main event a standard numbered PPV.

Archived