UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is anyone else surprised by how quickly and easily Rousey has kind of fallen off the MMA landscape and become forgotten to an extent?

I wouldn't go that far. She's been on Saturday Night Live and other talk shows. She's still one of the biggest stars in MMA, perhaps even the biggest. 

Amongst MMA fans, she isn't a hot topic at the moment, as it's not clear when she's going to fight next. Also, it's a busy time with McGregor, Diaz, D.C and Jones all being involved in major affairs.

If Rousey was pencilled in to fight at UFC 200, or a show after that, she would dominate MMA discussion again. 

That's what I mean though, she's sort of just disappeared from MMA, with no talk of when she'll return, nothing. 

I don't watch SNL or any talk shows so I've not seen her, I'm just going by MMA sites, and I've not really seen any direct quotes from her or whatever since she lost. Maybe it's just me who's missed them all though, as there has been a lot of info flying about lately.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lawler vs Condit 2 doesn't make sense to me. Sure it was a great fight, but Lawler clearly won it in my opinion. I can't see what Condit does differently a second time.

Clearly? A lot of people (myself included) had Condit winning. Whereas I was happy to concede Lawler might have snuck it, particularly after that amazing last round, I could never describe it as a clear victory.

I think the doubt and debate about the result make it a fascinating rematch. If you wanted to promote it you could just show that last round - it's probably the most excited I've been about any sport this year! But whatever, get Lawler on this fucking card. In terms of entertainment in the cage, he's the pound for pound man in UFC right now.

• Paid Members

That Condit Lawler fight was so hard to score. It really could have gone 3-2 either way. I had Lawler winning 3-2 but I know a lot of people had it the other way around.

I'm not sure what fight you were watching Chunk as it's one of the tightest title fights in ufc history.

Going back to the Aldo/Frankie fight, you guys are of course right about the weight but I still sort of stand by what I was saying. It feels a bit like the are both getting a pat on the head and told McGregor doesn't want to fight you yet, but have a bit of the UFC 200 ppv action you might have had and one of you can win this pretend title. 

• Paid Members

Maybe. I remember listening to John Mcarthy talking on a podcast about the correct way to score an MMA fight, he referenced the Lawler fight, and it really changed my opinion.

It's was something along the lines of it not being about volume (Condit) it's about damage and advancing towards a win.

I still think it's a close fight, don't get me wrong. I just can't see how any rematch could have a different result - that's why the interest is low for me.

Edit: can't find the podcast now. He also made the point about a takedown meaning shit all if you do nothing with it. I think he drew the comparison to throwing a haymaker and narrowly missing the target / landing a glancing blow.

• Paid Members

A takedown has to score to a degree. It all depends on the context really. If its an incredibly even round, a single takedown can tip the balance whether someone advances or not.

• Paid Members

Tate vs Nunes confirmed. Not sure what to make of that...

But they must have something else big planned for this. Cos that's no Ronda or even a Holly rematch.

Didn't we conclude that Caraway hates money?

At this point I'm convinced they don't care about marking 200 as a super event.

• Paid Members

No...just fucking no.

I can't believe that they've lined up Tate vs Nunes. No disrespect to Nunes, because I think she's going to destroy Tate, but not booking Tate/Holm 2 for this event is madness.

Edit:- David, perhaps, but Holm has been calling for the rematch since the first Tate fight. If it comes out she's injured then perhaps, but I've yet to hear anything. 

Can anyone seriously see Dana calling Meisha and saying "okay, UFC 200, the big one! We have you lined up to face Holm in the big rematch!" for Tate to say "Well, I've talked it over with Bryan and we're not too keen on that blockbuster idea, we'd rather face Nunes instead?"

I can imagine how Dana and Lorenzo would react to that kind of shit! Tate's not a champ with that kind of pull in my opinion, she's fighting whoever the company put in front of her.

Archived