UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Contrast of the two main cards then: *198 will have one more bout than 200 most liekly as Brazil allows more fights on a show than the US plus 200 features title bouts.

Fabricio Werdum vs. Stipe Miocic                -            Diaz vs McGregor

Vitor Belfort vs. Ronaldo Souza                   -            Aldo - Edgar

Matt Brown vs. Demian Maia                       -            Tate vs Nunes

Corey Anderson vs. Mauricio Rua               -            Velasquez vs.  Browne

Uriah Hall vs. Anderson Silva                       -            Punk vs Mickey Gall? 

Cris Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith

I still think that without a big fight underneath Diaz/Conor it doesn't overpower 198 in strength of card.

​Punk being added would be a big one for me though - I'm really intrigued to see him fight.

You can't just look at the card and go..compare 1 fight against 1 fight. Mcgregor vs Diaz alone has more star power than that entire card. Aldo/Edgar too. That fight pisses on anything that card offers as a quality fight and star power. 

Velasquez vs Browne too is a bigger fight than any of the 198 fights outside of the headliner too. I would have Hendricks vs Gastelum on a par in star power as Maia and Brown. 

Even Tate vs Nunes (with Tate alone) has more star power than Jacare or Belfort. Belfort is now just a shrivelled prune. 

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, can't we just enjoy both cards?!?!

:laugh:

Was just about to say, it's no bad thing to have two cards this good. I think both 198 and 200 are immense. It's a good problem to have. I think 200 is clearly the better card overall, but I love 198 (and 199 as well, actually) for a bunch of reasons. That stretch of PPVs from May-July is going to be fantastic.

• Paid Members

I know it's all opinions but 200 is definitely better than 198. As good as 198 is, 200 has it trumped for big fights and overall depth for me. I really like the Werdum vs Miocic fight but, as a PPV main event, McGregor vs Diaz 2 pisses all over it. I'm way more interested in how that fight goes than Werdum vs Miocic. I'm more interested in Aldo vs Edgar 2 than Werdum vs Miocic as well actually. And I'd even say I'm equally as interested in Velasquez vs Browne as Werdum vs Miocic.

200 is just brilliant. I love it. Not only is the fight quality, star power and depth there, there's also a load of really intriguing questions going into that card.

- How will McGregor rebound from the loss to Nate? What changes will he have made this time in terms of his training, prepping for a second go at 170 etc? How will they both look after a proper camp for each other?

- How the fuck will Aldo look after the 13 second embarrassment in December? How will Edgar look and what gameplan will he come up with going up against Aldo a second time?

- How will Cain do coming off yet another layoff and especially coming off that loss to Werdum? It wasn't like he just 'got caught' like against JDS. He lost a war with Werdum. How will he bounce back mentally from that and physically from the injuries?

With 198, I can't wait for the show but there's not so many cool little stories and twists and hooks to the top fights. Werdum vs Miocic is a quality fight and pretty tough to call. Silva vs Hall should hopefully tell us a bit about just how much Anderson has declined, could be a ninja fight, but just as likely to be a staring contest. Then you've got Jacare most likely crushing Belfort, Corey Anderson is probably going to depressingly outpoint the shell of Shogun and Cyborg's going to annihilate Leslie Smith. It's a fun card no doubt, and it'll likely be full of finishes, but there's a fair few probable mismatches there too.

Do we reckon they'll do anything different to make the show stand out bar the obvious stacked card? I know Dana's supposedly not a fan of big flashy entrance sets, but for a one off I think it could be fun? Expecting the show to have a few "Greatest moments clips throughout" ideally they manage to bring in te original plan for the first UFC event - A moat surrounding the octagon filled with Piranhas. 

But in all seriousness I'd love a open air show like Mania, it just looks the business in comparison to the arenas. Similar to the Wembley stadium fights over here also.

• Paid Members

Doubt they'll ever use a ramp again. I'd like to see it for really big shows like this though.

I imagine they'll add in little touches throughout the show, production-wise, to make the show feel a bit more important. Little touches similar to what they did at UFC 189 and 194 last year is about the most I'm expecting. There'll no doubt be some legends and old faces there, some new Hall Of Fame inductees etc. Shit like that. I wouldn't expect anything beyond that.

Fuck UFC 198. Fuck UFC 200.

UFC 197 is where it's at. OSP baby. 

I'm more interested in Aldo vs Edgar 2 than Werdum vs Miocic as well actually. 

I care more about Werdum vs Miocic, albeit only slightly. There's a bit more intrigue to it. I've no idea how the fight will pan out. With Aldo vs Edgar, I get the feeling it will be a closely fought bout on the feet, with Aldo perhaps edging it (like last time)

Both great fights though. 

I doubt they put 3 5 round fights on the main card, especially back to back, with 2 title fights they normally schedule 4 hours.

The last 2 cards I remember having 3 title fights were disasters, they all went to 5 round decisions UFC 33 & Strike force on CBS, They both went way over time. they might have one title headline Fox Sports or Fight Pass.

• Paid Members

When did the UFC last do three title fights on one card then? It's going back ages, isn't it? I'm thinking very early Zuffa days.

The last MMA card I recall off the top of my head with three title fights was Strikeforce: Nashville where you had Melendez vs Aoki, King Mo vs Mousasi and Hendo vs Shields all going the distance and all being disappointing. Followed by the big brawl between Shields and the Diaz's vs Mayhem Miller and that clueless knob commentator going 'Gentlemen, we're on national television'. The whole thing was a disaster.

Actually wasn't there a Bellator show which had three title fights as well, and it turned out shit? It just seems like the 'three title fights in one night' thing is a curse when it comes to MMA cards.

I might be tempting fate, but at least two of the three title fights won't go 5 rounds.

McGregor vs Diaz is unlikely to go 25 mins. While Tate vs Holm almost went 25 mins, most women's title fights don't go the distance. Aldo vs Edgar 2 probably will though. 

I think they'll extend it to 4 hours to play it safe. 

Archived