UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no chance Mousasi or Hendricks are main carding UFC 200. 

Some of the UFC 100 main card choices were baffling. Belcher vs Akiyama was not an insult, but it didn't really deserve billing over Coleman vs Bonnar, which should have been on the Main Card for name-value alone.

The real dud was Fitch vs Paulo Thiago. As good as Fitch was, did the UFC really need to put him on the Main Card, or even the UFC 100 show altogether? Anniversary shows are meant for celebration and giving fans what they want, not boring most of them to tears. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Hendrick's fight creeps onto the Main Show. I also wouldn't be surprised if the show runs 4 hours, and we get a 6 or 7 fight Main Card. With Gomi, Sanchez, Mousasi and Lauzon all in bouts, they should have enough to put on Fight Pass and the TV prelims.

• Paid Members

Looking back at 100, on paper it doesn't appear to be the 'monster card' it felt like at the time, but it felt huge when it happened.

If i remember correctly the Coleman/Bonnar fight was meant to be untelevised altogether, but the UFC pushed it up onto the televised prelim portion of the show (remember they used to have like a 1 hour pre-show that showed a couple of prelims), it was something like that.

• Paid Members

i agree, but for many people MMA still revolves around those guys that were big when the initial boom period happened. Guys like Shogun, Silva, Hendo, Mir, Nog, Belfort etc. they are still the names that draw many eyes to the sport and are of most interest to a portion of the fanbase.

i do live the Silva/Hall fight though, stylistically i can't wait to see what goes down in that one.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good card, and as mentioned there's certainly a lot of big names on the card. But to I think it's going too far saying the card is better than UFC 200. 

Silva vs Hall will either be brilliant, or absolutely horrendous with nobody throwing a punch until it ends in a KO.

Jim, regarding the UFC 100, yes there were a couple of duds on the card, but I may be wrong, leading into 100, I don't think it was ever initially conceived to be this mega card. Remember Lesnar vs Mir was in fact supposed to be held at UFC 98 until Mir pulled out due to a knee injury.

UFC 200 is very diffferent because UFC 100 happened, and fans have built up 200 due to the mythical status 100 now holds. On top of that it's opening the new MGM arena so I've got little doubt that we will be seeing 2 more massive fights announced. 

I'm sure this is the last card on the BT Sports deal to. So unless they retain the rights could be the last UFC On BT.

I'm also pretty sure the Zingano fight was all but confirmed late last night.

• Paid Members

I'm sure this is the last card on the BT Sports deal to. So unless they retain the rights could be the last UFC On BT

What would they do, move to Sky Sports? Given the amount of customers Sky are haemorrhaging that seems quite self defeating.

Back to streams/torrents for me.

I'm sure this is the last card on the BT Sports deal to. So unless they retain the rights could be the last UFC On BT

What would they do, move to Sky Sports? Given the amount of customers Sky are haemorrhaging that seems quite self defeating.

Back to streams/torrents for me.

Not out the realms of possibility, I imagine UFC will go with who pays the most. Can see them clamouring to get the Fox/FS1 Cards aired on free TV via BT Showcase or another channel. Sky are offering a similar deal to showcase from next year.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good card, and as mentioned there's certainly a lot of big names on the card. But to I think it's going too far saying the card is better than UFC 200. 

In fairness he did say he was more excited by the 198 card, which is different from claiming it to be better. In the end, it's all subjective really.

• Paid Members

In fairness he did say he was more excited by the 198 card, which is different from claiming it to be better. In the end, it's all subjective really.

Of course, and you're right, being excited is definitely different to it being better. I still stand by that even from an excitement perspective it's not on UFC 200 level because of the quality of fights. 

I would be gutted if BT lose the rights/don't renew as to put simply, I currently have BT. and I don't want it to go to Sky Sports because it's a friggin rip off.

Me to, BT deal generally has been very good we've got pretty much every show we could ask for with the odd exception. They're a growing channel over here to whilst Sky's sports channel subscriptions are in decline.

Best deal IMO would be BT retain all number cards and some sort of a FS1/FN card share with Channel 5 or replay on BBC Three if that deal has any legs to it. Keep the current provider who's doing the best job in a while with it happy and an on-going deal whilst opening up to a larger market.

Archived