UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Nate was doing Fox stuff this evening and during a commercial it's been leaked he told Florin and Bisping he wants to do the fight at 155 but Connors calling the shots.

Conor

Conor

Conor

Seems to be mostly Americans that can't spell his name. The same morons that think the plural of Lego is Legos.

• Paid Members

I forgot who typed it but I thought the line about the Diaz brothers willing to take a punch "because they hate their brains" was perfect.

I'm willing to give Nate the benefit of the doubt on this one. He's known to lie and talk rubbish, I assume him being stubborn about a McGregor rematch is maybe him looking for more money - if you pay him he'll fight.

Nate was doing Fox stuff this evening and during a commercial it's been leaked he told Florin and Bisping he wants to do the fight at 155 but Connors calling the shots.

Conor

Conor

Conor

Phone auto-correct. Thank you though.

• Paid Members

Conor

Conor

Conor

Phone auto-correct. Thank you though.

Ducking auto-correct!

• Paid Members

Going back a little to my earlier post there's no hope of Keith Hackney fucking up Steve Jenum in a slow motion throwback undercard slice of nostalgia then I assume.

How would current die hard fans feel about a mini old school tournament. Say 4 people, 3 matches. Not too disruptive surely.

• Paid Members

Going back a little to my earlier post there's no hope of Keith Hackney fucking up Steve Jenum in a slow motion throwback undercard slice of nostalgia then I assume.

How would current die hard fans feel about a mini old school tournament. Say 4 people, 3 matches. Not too disruptive surely.

I'd be all for it. It won't happen but I'd be all for it. In fact, when the UFC 100 card was taking shape back in 2009, I was kind of hoping they'd put Royce Gracie in a fight on the PPV. I don't know who I'd have had him fight that night though. The two obvious opponents were Ken Shamrock (but he was on terrible terms with Dana at that point) or Kazushi Sakuraba (but he was contracted to the DREAM promotion in Japan back then). But I think having Royce on the PPV, and maybe a couple of other throwback fights on the prelims, would've been fitting given the occasion. The closest we got was Mark Coleman's fight on the prelims and that turned out to be one of the highlights of the night, for me anyway, and one of the feel-good moments of the year when he beat Stephan Bonnar.

The appeal of anniversary shows is largely tied into nostalgia anyway, so it makes sense to nod to that in some way. I'd personally love to see some of the old names brought back for one last moment in the spotlight. The problem would probably be getting some of them licensed to fight in Nevada.

• Paid Members

I pretty certain that there's going to be 2 more massive fights announced for this card.

There's no chance Mousasi or Hendricks are main carding UFC 200. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we are going to get the below:-

Mcgregor vs DIaz

GSP vs possibly Lawler...or curve ball, Dos Anjos

Tate vs Holm

Edger vs Aldo

Velasquez vs Browne

To me, if that happens, it's the greatest card in history. 

Also found out this morning that my wife and parents booked a bloody trip to Wales July 7th to July 11th. I need to pray that wifi is good enough at the place we are staying to watch this card. 

• Paid Members

Yep, I saw an interview from a few days back from Zingano on inside mma saying that her next opponent had been booked and she wasn't allowed to announce it. She was hinting it would be at UFC 200 by the date she said it was taking place.

Logic says it has to be Pena. Zingano has already beaten Nunes, and Holm wants Tate. It's a process of elimination really. 

Great fight but if Zingano is at her best, she wins this fight. 

• Paid Members

I'm more excited by the 198 card currently.

Apologies for double post.

I've seen this a few times from people on social media and I have to say I think this is a crazy statement (Sorry Bifkin),

Yes 198 has a lot of stars, but most of those fights, outside of the top 2, have little to no meaning in their respective divisions. Silva vs Urijah Hall? It's a nothing fight. Same with Shogun and little Nog's fights. All nothing fights. 

I'm interested in the headliner, but that's really it. The co-main is mildly interesting, but lets be honest, since USADA, both Jacare and Belfort seem bizarrely average. 

Don't get me wrong, it's still a good lineup, but even this unfinished 200 line up is better than UFC 198.

• Paid Members

I'm more excited by the 198 card currently.

Yes 198 has a lot of stars, but most of those fights, outside of the top 2, have little to no meaning in their respective divisions. Silva vs Urijah Hall? It's a nothing fight. Same with Shogun and little Nog's fights. All nothing fights. 

i agree, but for many people MMA still revolves around those guys that were big when the initial boom period happened. Guys like Shogun, Silva, Hendo, Mir, Nog, Belfort etc. they are still the names that draw many eyes to the sport and are of most interest to a portion of the fanbase.

i do live the Silva/Hall fight though, stylistically i can't wait to see what goes down in that one.

Archived