UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

UFC 33 had 3 title fights and they had to go off the air during Tito-Matyushenko

Widely regarded as the worst UFC show ever, has anyone here actually seen it? I might subject myself to it one evening on Fight Pass.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I watched it all the way through once. Never again. I only ended up with it in the first place because it came in a double DVD with UFC 34, which was the total opposite and fucking ace.

From memory of UFC 33, Chuck Liddell vs Murilo Bustamante is half decent. And that's it. The rest is just dire. Even Pulver vs Hallman bored me shitless and I usually liked watching both of them.

• Paid Members

Infuriatingly, it looks like Tate did in fact turn down Holm...

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Report-Tate-Was-Offered-Holm-Rematch-at-UFC-200-Opted-to-Face-Nunes-Instead-102977

If that were the case, I don't understand how Tate has any clout whatsoever regarding her opponent. What the fuck are the UFC thinking allowing this fight? I bet Holly never does a favour for Tate again.

• Paid Members

I dont think the UFC will be that bothered. Meisha's a decent draw in her own right but the real money is with Ronda any way you wanna look at it. If Nunes wins, they can do Holm/Ronda II with the winner getting the crack.

I dont think the UFC will be that bothered. Meisha's a decent draw in her own right but the real money is with Ronda any way you wanna look at it. If Nunes wins, they can do Holm/Ronda II with the winner getting the crack.

So what your saying is that if Nunes wins, the UFC will let that title sit undefended until early next year!?

• Paid Members

Well not necessarily, Nunes (or Tate could defend again). I'm just saying the big bucks is Ronda's comeback, Rousey/Holm II is still there to be made.

The winner of Zingano/Pena is gonna be right in the mix too post-200.

I'm all for titles being defended on a regular basis.

I'm all for titles being defended on a regular basis.

Yes, if it makes sense (either business or a worthy contender). This makes neither, They have a gold mine of fights sitting there. All they have to do is demonstrate some patience. Nunes to me is not a worthy contendar at this point. She didnt look that good in her last fight and was sucking on air by the end of the second. I just think they had better options they could have taken. This year is going great guns, but it could easily fall of a cliff if Connor continues to lose and they dont create any new stars.

Okay, Tate is a fucking moron.

From the UFC's perspective, if Tate wins she'll face Ronda in a 3rd fight, or she'll have to face Holm again, so that's a win scenario.

If Nunes wins she'll be considered the upset of the night most likely, and will head into a fight with Ronda facing a Rocky/Apollo type scenario, or she'll face Holm in a similar situation, so that's a win as well.

Basically, the only person who could lose out from this is Tate. Josh Jones ought to be advising his client a bit better in my opinion.

• Paid Members

She's could be considered a worthy contender. Its a thin division in terms of credible challengers, Nunes is in much of a position to challenge as Holm ever was. Even if Nunes wins there's multiple good fights that can be made especially with Pena/Zingano there too.

Yes, if it makes sense (either business or a worthy contender). This makes neither, They have a gold mine of fights sitting there. All they have to do is demonstrate some patience. Nunes to me is not a worthy contendar at this point. She didnt look that good in her last fight and was sucking on air by the end of the second. I just think they had better options they could have taken. This year is going great guns, but it could easily fall of a cliff if Connor continues to lose and they dont create any new stars.

That doesn't really matter though, does it? The UFC tend to work with whatever they can at the time. If Tate is refusing to face Holm and Grousey isn't returning until November they really have no choice.

Archived