WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
Streets of Rage (contrary to popular opinion though, the second one was pretty shit)

Did anyone ever play much of the Bomber Games remake before Sega killed it? It was such a labour of love from the sporadic times I bothered reading their blog that I'm sure the final product must have been pretty awesome. Not much of a PC gamer so I never really bothered with it at the time :(

I've got the Bomber Games remake on my PC, and it's just bloody fantastic. You can still download the final version from places, just Google it or something. You can tell why Sega shut it down though, as the remake is just superior to anything they could churn out on the Xbox Live Arcade or wherever.

The graphics are brilliant, you get 4 campaigns (SoR1, 2, and 2 mashups of stages from 3 and new levels), you get a shop where you unlock characters, items, perks and cheats. Some of the remixed music is class, and you can play it with a gamepad, with 2 players on the same PC. It is, not counting any nostalgic feelings, the best SoR game out there.

• Paid Members

I think I mainly loved it at the time because it had Beast and Psylocke in it. I'm almost certain it played better than the first, though! The first one seemed impossible to me when I first started playing it, I think it took me weeks before I managed to get anywhere. The second one was more accessible. Also, I seem to remember the music on the lighthouse (er... Muir Island?) level being a rip-off of the Odd Couple theme.

Thinking about it now, I cannot imagine for a second putting in the time to get somewhere in a game now like I did back then.

To be honest if Sony introduce that with the next PlayStation then the chances of me buying the next Playstation are pretty slim. Not because I'm being a "where are my rights" prick but because I'm a cheap bastard.

Edited by Vamp

Not exactly on topic but I thought it worth putting in here as it may apply to Xbox also in the future.

New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

What are peoples thoughts on this? I can understand from a developers point of view that they are losing money on second games, but, and this is purely speculation, they would be losing more money by pricing the end user out of purchasing the games.

Personally speaking I cannot afford to pay for brand new games. I rely on trade in to be able to buy the games that I want. As it stands it certainly looks like I won't be getting the new consoles when they arrive purely for this reason. People are going to be left with a shit ton of games they will never play. It seems a ridiculous idea.

It's been going this way for a while and I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner to be honest. The gaming industry for consoles is reaching a very odd era where you buy (as an Xbox owner, say) your XBLA to go on the Net you pay for, then you buy your game, you buy the new packs etc, it's all very expensive compared to getting Street Fighter 2 out of Argos for

• Paid Members
Not enough people talk about old PC games when they talk classic gaming; you should do something about them. Commander Keen!

The first two Fallout games on the PC are fantastic. I picked them up in the Steam sale last year and though I never got very far into Fallout 2 (I'll probably restart it at some point), the first Fallout absolutely blew me away.

I think I mainly loved it at the time because it had Beast and Psylocke in it. I'm almost certain it played better than the first, though! The first one seemed impossible to me when I first started playing it, I think it took me weeks before I managed to get anywhere. The second one was more accessible. Also, I seem to remember the music on the lighthouse (er... Muir Island?) level being a rip-off of the Odd Couple theme.

Thinking about it now, I cannot imagine for a second putting in the time to get somewhere in a game now like I did back then.

I loved the sequel. I'm pretty sure the playable characters were Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Beast and Psylocke. One thing that I remember about it was that the game would start as soon as you put the console on with no company logos or anything like that, meaning you were spawned instantly as a random member of the X-Men (you could choose a character on the second level). Cue a lot of resetting if I got Cyclops or Psylocke - I'm fairly certain Nightcrawler was the most fun to play as cos he could bamf but the others were good too.

Not exactly on topic but I thought it worth putting in here as it may apply to Xbox also in the future.

New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

What are peoples thoughts on this? I can understand from a developers point of view that they are losing money on second games, but, and this is purely speculation, they would be losing more money by pricing the end user out of purchasing the games.

Personally speaking I cannot afford to pay for brand new games. I rely on trade in to be able to buy the games that I want. As it stands it certainly looks like I won't be getting the new consoles when they arrive purely for this reason. People are going to be left with a shit ton of games they will never play. It seems a ridiculous idea.

Interesting. Even if it's true, just patenting the idea doesn't mean they'll actually implement it.

I do think doing such a thing, if your competitor (Xbox) doesn't could be a major mistake, which is why it feels unlikely. It's possible though that it might be used more like an alternative to Codes, so you can only play online on the first owner's console, but re-sell the game for single player and d/l a new license for online.

I actually think that current model works quite well as it allows developers to get something back from some 2nd hand sales and doesn't kill the 2nd hand market. Having the entire game locked out seems pretty severe.

I do hope that it is this as that would not affect me too much as I don't play online that often. In fact with EA games I tend not to so the resale value increases if I keep the online code with it.

However I had heard whispers that Xbox were going to do the same thing some months back cus I remember thinking how damaging that would be to them. If they both decide to take that route then it's harsh on the consumer. I can see game costs increasing to because of it.

However I had heard whispers that Xbox were going to do the same thing some months back cus I remember thinking how damaging that would be to them. If they both decide to take that route then it's harsh on the consumer. I can see game costs increasing to because of it.

Actually, you might see games get cheaper. If the publishers can double their sales as people have to buy 1sthand, they could and might well lower the pricepoint at the same time.

I'm glad you're more optimistic than me. The way I see it if there is no second hand market selling the games cheaper then they can monopolise by increasing there sales price because there is no other means of obtaining the games. Of course, competing supermarkets could lower the prices for new releases, but once the fad on that particular game is over then the price will rise. I wouldn't be surprised to see game costs rise to between

• Paid Members

been playing Black Ops II since Xmas, ive been enjoying Team Deathmatch mode but ive recently gone onto Free-for-All which is a much more frustrating game, im pretty shit at the game but i cannot understand how certain players get like 30 kills and 1-2 deaths on a level like Hijacked?! it's so small and intense and there's no where to really hide, how the hell do they do it?

The guy im playing with at the moment is out in the open too, he's killing me every couple of minutes yet he barely gets killed...i don't get it.