WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Regarding the Sony used game lock, I don't think we'll see it in the next generation of consoles.

There is still too much control in the hands of the major retailers (in the US anyway) for Sony or Microsoft to attempt anything like this. They'd need all the major publishers on board too, who on the face of it may be happy with the idea of increased sale of new games but retailers will want a bigger cut of the profits in order to avoid the shortfall that would come with the lack of resale.

That aside, I'm really looking forward to seeing E3 this year, 2 new expected console announcements plus all the titles that are being kept under wraps (the second half of this year is basically bare right now because all the publishers are rumoured to be keeping their next-gen titles shush at Microsoft/Sony's request).

With the anticipation of GTA5 I've found myself once again restarting an old classic. That's right GTA San Andreas this is literally about the 25th time I've restarted the game and it's hard to get sick of it. Such a brilliant game. Currently on the first few missions for OG Loc (which is one of my least favorite parts of the game the 2nd least favorite is having to improve your under water breath for that mission on the 2nd island). Such a good game and soundtrack is incredible. That game really has been worth the

• Paid Members

I'm also playing San Andreas Twinn, started it again a few weeks ago and got to Las Venturas the other day.

I can't get over how bloody good it still is. I spent 250 hours last year playing Skyrim and was convinced it was the greatest game I've ever played. But it's not, SA still holds that crown. It's fucking majestic. Head and shoulders above anything else. If anyone is getting GTAV this Spring, play SA now to get into the mood. In all seriousness I think I prefer it even more now, so that tells you something.

I'm glad you're more optimistic than me. The way I see it if there is no second hand market selling the games cheaper then they can monopolise by increasing there sales price because there is no other means of obtaining the games. Of course, competing supermarkets could lower the prices for new releases, but once the fad on that particular game is over then the price will rise. I wouldn't be surprised to see game costs rise to between

• Paid Members
Wait, you can play PS1 games on the pad controller? Independently of the console? If that's true I'll buy one.

Pad controller? You download the PS1 games from the PS Store onto the Vita and play them on the Vita. The buttons are the same except due to the Vita not having L2/R2 buttons, you use the touchscreen on the back as buttons. But you can change the controls in-game to whatever you want.

Forget it, I was thinking of the Wii U. Read your post waaay to quickly.

Good to hear of someone buying a Vita though. You're a member of a very exclusive club :p

Has anyone here ever used an Everdrive (a device that let's you play roms on a console)? I'm tempted to buy one for the N64 but they're a bit pricey and i'm not sure just how reliable they are, also, how easy is it to attach a CIC chip to bypass region locking?

I only use my vita for ps1 games and the Metal Gear collection. I only bought it as I had I had knee surgery and it served me well in hospital and in bed at home. Hasn't been touched for a while though.

I finished everything in far cry 3 the other day but I'm still wandering around the island. Mainly just with a flamethrower setting tigers and pigs on fire. I hope they come up with some cool DLC for it.