WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Finished The Walking Dead earlier and by far it's my favourite game of 2012. Outstanding.

Halfway through the game now, it's absolutely tremendous.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Carley :(

Edited by Megan Midas

• Paid Members
Finished The Walking Dead earlier and by far it's my favourite game of 2012. Outstanding.

I was so angry.

I was so angry.

Me too. Especially as the bitch has now stolen the RV and left us with the redneck and wife, the soon to be zombie kid and the dumb teenager.

As far as the game as a whole goes, it really does a fantastic job at drawing you in and making you feel like your choices have real weight. I'm really dreading the end of the story, because I just know it's all going to go to shit in the end. I really hope it's a sign of things to come for adventure games and not just a one off (apart from the inevitable season 2).

• Paid Members

I bawled my eyes out like a little girl at a few parts in it -

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Duck and Katjya dying in the woods, the little boy in the attic that you have to bury, and the absolutely heart-breaking end with Lee and Clem. "I'll miss you".

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm always really late to the party when it comes to video games, only just recently got my hands on Borderlands (the first one). It was free on PS Plus, so I grabbed it. Loving it so far, only at Level 8, but I'm hitting my stride when it comes to the gameplay, I'm normally really awkward and shit when it comes to shooting games.

I'm always really late to the party when it comes to video games, only just recently got my hands on Borderlands (the first one). It was free on PS Plus, so I grabbed it. Loving it so far, only at Level 8, but I'm hitting my stride when it comes to the gameplay, I'm normally really awkward and shit when it comes to shooting games.

If you like Borderlands then you should grab Borderlands 2 if you ever get the chance because it improved on the first game in virtually every way.

Edited by The King Of Swing

Far Cry 3 is absolutely wonderful. The environment and wildlife are the best bit, it's the first game since Skyrim to really make me just want to go out and explore and it really thrives on that.

I was looking through my sniper rifle at an outpost to scope out the pirates and I hear a noise. Didn't think much of it at first but then I let go of the scope and there was a fucking leopard just sitting next to me. Casual, you know, like leopards do. I didn't know whether to try and turn and unload an SMG clip into it or run for it. I took the second option and the leopard chased me into the camp where the pirates attacked me and set off all the alarms. Molotovs were thrown and a caged tiger was released in the camp. Being shot at whilst being chased by 2 predatory animals whilst everything burned to the ground was ridiculously awesome, even I did eventually die when I ran out of medical syringes and couldn't heal myself in time. Moral of the story: don't sit next to leopards, they're right pricks.

I'm on the verge of deleting Skyrim from my 360's hard drive, it's frozen my console up three times in the last hour twice as I saved (luckily no damage was done to my previous files) and once just as I finished the mission I am doing.

It's taking the fucking piss.

Finished Walking Dead, can definitely say it was one of the best experiences of the year. Not sure I'd say it was my game of the year because it's little more than an interactive storybook (hell of a story mind you) but as far as an experience, just fantastic.

Went all the way back to The Getaway on the PS2 last night. Cracking stuff.

I enjoyed both The Getaway and it's sequel at the time, I'd have imagined that gameplay (which was patchy even at the time) would have dated terribly in the decade since.