WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Not played many new releases this year.

Favourite would be Far Cry 3 by some margin, simply a superb game and enjoyable from start to finish. Really enjoyed The Walking Dead too.

Ain't played many bad ones per say, although F1 2012 was quite a disappointment once again from Codemasters for me. They still can't get an F1 game right after 3 attempts, won't be bothering with them again.

Is it possible for someone who pretty much hated the TV series to enjoy the Walking Dead game?

I think so, it's based on the comic and set seperately from any characters/stories within either. Given it's winning a lot of Game of the Year awards this year you definitely need to give it a shot. The first episode is free on iPad just now (or was a day or so ago can't say for sure if it still is) so if that's an option you should get it from there

Bought myself Far Cry 3 as a Crimbo pressie from Game for 22.50. Banged it in the old 360, and within 20 minutes my 360 crashed with 2 red lights. Now it shows 2 red lights within about 4 minutes of starting.

So, thanks Far Cry, thanks a lot. That's Xmas without games or DVDs.

An honorable mention to Hotline Miami, it could have been the game of the year if it was longer and had a few control niggles smoothed over, it's a gorgeous looking/sounding hazy mix of Vice City, Demons Souls difficulty and the film Drive with violence galore but also needs a lot of tactical thinking as you will die a hell of a lot.

Did the Windows taskbar stay over the top when you played the game? I've just bought it and I'm loving it so far, but I wish it would load over the top of the windows task bar.

qpe0.jpg

What a pain in the arses PS3's are. Nearly put my foot through the stupid thing this morning when trying to re-set it up for the little one. I checked it last Thursday and did all the updates for the system and games but forgot that I had set the display for the HDMI cable which I only have one of at the moment. Plugged it in with the scart on my downstairs television this morning and I could hear the sounds but no picture, took it upstairs and plugged the HDMI cable back into it and it did the same thing.

After 10 minutes of frustration and reading a load of shite on the PS3 forums, I managed to find out how to reset the stupid thing. It worked and hurrah we was able to play on a few games. Fifa 13 and BLEACH.

Both are ok, I suppose but I'll have to delve into story mode on BLEACH to unlock the characters.

Bought myself Far Cry 3 as a Crimbo pressie from Game for 22.50. Banged it in the old 360, and within 20 minutes my 360 crashed with 2 red lights. Now it shows 2 red lights within about 4 minutes of starting.

So, thanks Far Cry, thanks a lot. That's Xmas without games or DVDs.

That's shitty dude. I had an xbox conk out like that on xmas eve 2 or 3 years ago and was livid. Luckily the mrs surprised me with a new one for xmas that she went out and got me that day. She probably only did it to save me being miserable.

My current xbox is on its last legs though, it just doesnt want to seem to read disks. I have to eject and reload it 3 or 4 times before it'll recognise a game disk as being a game. Is there anything I can do about it, or is it just the laser is knackered? I don't really want to have to fork out for a new one this close to the likely new console launch next year.

• Paid Members

Mine is exactly the same Dent- some games (although very few) it plays first time, most take a few ejections or resets before they work. I had to install Skyrim because it wouldn't read the disc at all, and I've given up trying to play Oblivion because despite trying a few different discs it just isn't happening.

I think it's just the laser getting generally old and poo. It's been this way for around 3 years now and hasn't gotten worse, so hopefully it won't pack in for good.

Yeah everyone else I've mentioned to it to has said the same. Also whenever it gets turned off at the mains or I take it somewhere else, it doesn't recognise the wireless adaptor and that takes a few plug ins and unplugs to work. I also need a new controller. I'll probably have a look what deals are for a new console at Game as I have a voucher.

On the PS3 side, I was chuffed to get WWE 13 for Xmas and thought I'd have a bash on that this morning, I only to be bombarded with tons of installation and software updates. Just once it'd be nice to turn on my playstation and play a game hassle free.