WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
Skyrim really shouldn't be causing this many problems. What level are you at? Maybe you're trying to get ahead of yourself a bit too much. Try working through a few of the main story missions before you go off exploring.

I think part of it is my level yeah. I'm doing some of the simpler missions and looking here and there on the way while I'm walking to build myself up with the thought that If it's too tough I'll run away.

The problem seems to come when I get stuck in a cave with no retreat.

The tasks I'm going for are just "deliver a message" and "find this place" so its a piece of piss. It's when I can't run away and I'm too much of a nosey cunt to not go snooping in the places I find as I go along.

I'm also really shit fighting those earwig churtin things so I get fucked up mighty quick and my companion doesn't seem to like heights.

Gave Dead Island a go, seems fun but I don't know how much depth its going to have to compete with time next to Skyrim, when I solve the earwig cave issue again naturally.

• Paid Members

Those earwig things are a nightmare though, some caves took me ages early because they are hard to beat when you have a low level. They killed my original companion the bastards. They become a lot easier to fight as you level up, though. You wait til you first fight a briar heart foresworn or whatever they're called. Stupidly hard to kill.

• Paid Members

I just bought "Hotline Miami" on Steam. It's brilliantly violent with a great soundtrack. Lots of fun.

Also "Faster than Light." It's difficult but fun. Still haven't completed it, even though I've put in nearly 20 hours.

I just bought "Hotline Miami" on Steam. It's brilliantly violent with a great soundtrack. Lots of fun.

Also "Faster than Light." It's difficult but fun. Still haven't completed it, even though I've put in nearly 20 hours.

Brilliant game, puts most of this years AAA titles to shame.

I've started playing Assassins Creed 3 and it's not very good is it? There's a crazy amount of game for your buck but none of it's very fun, reminds me of Skyrim with being so big and with so much to do but i'm sitting there stone-faced the entire time.

Still playing Skyrim, I'm stuck in another fucking cave with no way out backwards and getting slaughtered going forwards. This one is under a light house.

At least I have planned ahead this time and have a save outside.

What really gets me here is my companion won't follow me, he just stands on a ledge and won't jump down, which is really infuriating and shit.

I went to price up Smackdown the other night and bought Dead Island, haven't played it yet but it looks ace.

Any way, I will dig out the old magadrive and spend some time on Sonic 2 today, because lets face it it's still shit hot and amazing. It's just wonderfully paced as a game which isn't something I find with a lot of games from that era.

Dead Island is awesome. At first it's like dead rising where you just walk about, but as you progress you can drive cars to further parts of the island. Such a good game. Hard enemies later though as you can imagine. Unfortunately I didn't get to finish it as it was my ex's brothers game so had to return it upon breaking up. Selfish cow!

• Paid Members
And Dead Island doesn't have a shit time limit that makes the game more frustrating then fun unlike Dead Rising.

Get Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. It's Dead Rising 2, but you play as Frank West from the first one and there's a ton of added missions, an added theme park area, plus extra weapons, survivors, psychopaths, etc. It has a Sandbox Mode in which you can just play it without the time limit, doing what you want. That, along with online co-op play make it arguably the best Dead Rising game.

Also, on the topic of Dead Island, the game is shit. It starts as something fun, but it's packed with glitches and bugs, and gets boring less than halfway in. All sizzle and no steak, would be a good description. I worked in a games shop at the time and Dead Island was selling out inexplicably everywhere, to the point where GAME and other shops were selling it for close to

Edited by TripleA

And Dead Island doesn't have a shit time limit that makes the game more frustrating then fun unlike Dead Rising.

Get Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. It's Dead Rising 2, but you play as Frank West from the first one and there's a ton of added missions, an added theme park area, plus extra weapons, survivors, psychopaths, etc. It has a Sandbox Mode in which you can just play it without the time limit, doing what you want. That, along with online co-op play make it arguably the best Dead Rising game.

Also, on the topic of Dead Island, the game is shit. It starts as something fun, but it's packed with glitches and bugs, and gets boring less than halfway in. All sizzle and no steak, would be a good description. I worked in a games shop at the time and Dead Island was selling out inexplicably everywhere, to the point where GAME and other shops were selling it for close to

• Paid Members

Dead Island is a decent game but it's so much better when playing co op with mates. It is buggy and the accents on the voice acting is laughably bad but it's definitely worth a go, especially if you know others with it. I liked Dead Rising 1 but couldn't get into the second at all. The logic of having parts nigh on impossible on your first play through annoys me and the time limits and frustrating save system is annoying. Might check out Off the Record sometime though based on what Triple A said there.

I'm currently enjoying Blops 2 and Ass Creed 3 at the moment. Haven't really had a lot of time to play of late and still have Halo 4 to go back too as well. Even with the lack of time I still bought Dishonored the other day as Game had it for

• Paid Members

Completed the final chapter of The Walking Dead at the weekend. Fucking brilliant! I've never cried from the story of a computer game but this was the closest I've come to since Mass Effect 3.

Heavy Rain...this is how you do a choice based storyline adventure game. Cannot wait for season 2.

Does anybody know what the song is that plays during the opening sequence of Call of Duty, Black Ops 2?

Not the Trent Reznor theme.

It almost sounds like Noel Gallagher

Anybody?

It took me 30 seconds to find out through google. Elbow - The night will always wins.

• Paid Members

I found out how to get my companion over the cliff, block and hit strike. I wop them with my axe and they slide over the edge.

I also killed those earwig things by hiding on a ledge and using a bow and arrow, when they got close I'd set them on fire and they would run away again and I'd use the bow. It took a fucking age but I did it.

I'm so shit at Skyrim, and yet it is great fun. I can see me spending weeks on it, just plodding around the world and getting stuck in caves.