WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I had a good go at the Sleeping Dogs demo over the weekend, as LaGoosh mentioned, the context specific fighting (throwing people into fan blades, off buildings etc) is good fun, but I dunno.....when it comes to fighting a lot of people at once everything else seems clunky and awkward after Arkham City now. That game had it spot on.

Speaking of Arkham City, I've been going back trying to solve all the riddles, get the trophies and finish off the side missions this weekend. My god the level of thought and pure design put into some of them is amazing. I think I have 310 / 440 now. Has anyone actually finished them?

The SD combat definitely isn't as fluid as Arkham City, but it's still not to have it as the primary source of combat rather than just shooting down waves of bad guys.

I finished all the riddles on Arkham, took ages as I was determined not to look them up. The final bit with the riddler is pretty cool.

• Paid Members
I had a good go at the Sleeping Dogs demo over the weekend, as LaGoosh mentioned, the context specific fighting (throwing people into fan blades, off buildings etc) is good fun, but I dunno.....when it comes to fighting a lot of people at once everything else seems clunky and awkward after Arkham City now. That game had it spot on.

Speaking of Arkham City, I've been going back trying to solve all the riddles, get the trophies and finish off the side missions this weekend. My god the level of thought and pure design put into some of them is amazing. I think I have 310 / 440 now. Has anyone actually finished them?

The SD combat definitely isn't as fluid as Arkham City, but it's still not to have it as the primary source of combat rather than just shooting down waves of bad guys.

I finished all the riddles on Arkham, took ages as I was determined not to look them up. The final bit with the riddler is pretty cool.

You finished all the trophies without looking any up? Man that's impressive. I've had to look up two so far. Classic "I'm not going to bed until I work this out" stupidity that ends with me on YouTube at 2am thinking "how could I be so stupid"

Yeah it took forever. Like you say, as soon as it twigs how to do it you can't believe how obvious it should've been. I actually have the Xbox version from love film and the moment so I'm working through it all again. It's still fun to do and some I've forgotten how to do, so it's a challenge all over again. It's an awesome game.

Just finished Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Actually that's a lie, I got so pissed off with the final mission I decided to fuck it off. It's a fairly decent point and shoot game that requires some level of intelligence for tactics (and I do love tactical games) but it really fell short in terms of story (I just couldn't give a fuck and skipped the cut scenes), graphics (mainly the cut scenes and not the game play. It looked like it was on PS2), and the length of time to reload from checkpoint. The last point in particular was incredibly annoying, especially those difficult missions where you had to restart a few times. It would play part of a cut scene which you couldn't skip through and a load of on screen bullshit as to where you are, time of day etc. I just wanted to get straight back into it. The last mission in particular really pissed me off. Yes the mission was hard but I had every intention of completing it, but having to wait 20 odd seconds before actually getting stuck in again each time just got incredibly tedious.

I have a few other games to get started on but not sure which one to go with yet. I have Killzone 3, Rage & GTA IV. GTA I'll just play every now and again I imagine, having played through it twice before. And I will more than likely purchase Arckham City soon, and maybe the last Assassins Creed also.

This seems to be the best place to ask this (as it may a bit of a long shot).

Is anyone familiar with the game Baten Kaitos which was released on the Gamecube probably about 7/8 years ago? It was an RPG which used a card battle system.

Does anyone know if there are there any games like this available on the PS3?

• Paid Members

Is anyone else playing Rock Band Blitz? Came out a couple of days ago on PSN and Live Arcade.

Loving it so far, it's nice to have that music game feeling without having to set up any of the instruments and stuff. Plus all the downloaded songs from the other Rock Band games are playable right from the off.

It'll be better when I have a few friends playing it too as it's primarily a high-score driven game. So come on fuckers, go download it and lets Score War

Edited by Burchill's Buddy

Just finished Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Actually that's a lie, I got so pissed off with the final mission I decided to fuck it off. It's a fairly decent point and shoot game that requires some level of intelligence for tactics (and I do love tactical games) but it really fell short in terms of story (I just couldn't give a fuck and skipped the cut scenes), graphics (mainly the cut scenes and not the game play. It looked like it was on PS2), and the length of time to reload from checkpoint. The last point in particular was incredibly annoying, especially those difficult missions where you had to restart a few times. It would play part of a cut scene which you couldn't skip through and a load of on screen bullshit as to where you are, time of day etc. I just wanted to get straight back into it. The last mission in particular really pissed me off. Yes the mission was hard but I had every intention of completing it, but having to wait 20 odd seconds before actually getting stuck in again each time just got incredibly tedious.

I have a few other games to get started on but not sure which one to go with yet. I have Killzone 3, Rage & GTA IV. GTA I'll just play every now and again I imagine, having played through it twice before. And I will more than likely purchase Arckham City soon, and maybe the last Assassins Creed also.

Have you tried the campaign on co-op, much better with a group like, plus thanks to the new title update today, online multiplayer is MUCH smoother, less lag, people actually dying when they get hit lol, only thing now that annoys me online is people who don't use mics...it's a tactical shooter ffs...lol. Went into a Decoy game, went 52-7 overall and my team still lost cos the rest were headless chickens constantly getting hacked going for objectives, not listening to me lol xD

For some reason that im not certain about. TES Morrowind. Yes i know. Its nearing its 10 year anniversary and the graphics have improved in both Oblivion and Skyrim. But i have had a lot of fun with this. And with the bloodmoon expansion, it got even better. Other than that. I seem to be a very hard employer for myself. In FM 2012 i chose to play as Portsmouth Fc (with one of the latest updates), so saying im skint would be an understatementAnd cheers to Johnnyboy for reminding me that fantasy football is around the corner :-)

The 2nd demo for PES 2013 is fantastic, it feels a lot smoother. My only real gripe with it is the shooting has been nerfed somewhat from the first demo, the shot power just doesn't seem as crisp and hard. Hopefully they rectify that back to how it was in the first demo. If they can do that, it's a Fifa beater hands down for me. It's took them so long to get back to how good the game used to be, but it's getting there again.

The last AC is just busy work. I would avoid it. Arkham City is a btilliant game. Love that Sleeping Digs uses the same fluid action. Getting bored of the missions though now.

Must add to the love for the final PES demo. Didn't think the first demo was too different from last year but after this demo it seems a lot better and apart from a few minor things, which might just be because it's a demo, it definitely seems on the way back to how it used to be. Actually tempted to preorder it now.

Edited by TUFCfan

Anyone else playing Darksiders 2? I've put about 5 hours into it and so far, the game just seems to be a boring mix of simple platforming, simple puzzles involving rolling balls into holes and battles that mostly last around 30 seconds. What makes things worse is that your character walks so damn slow making walking across a dungeon feel like a tedious trek.

Does it get any better at all? I do enjoy the simple, flowing battle system when I get to a challenging/boss fight and I'm a sucker for loot games, but if its just crappy dungeon after dungeon, I might as well cut my losses and go and get Sleeping Dogs.

Edited by pain-giver