WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Got my hands on Sleeping Dogs over the weekend. To be honest, I really don't see what the fuss is about.

The storyline is shite and features far too many fucks, the combat system feels clunky and the driving is woeful. I'll probably see it out but I'm glad I did not pay a penny for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm the only person in the world who didn't like Arkham City. I just thought "ah... it's more of the same". Visually impressive, but I lost interest after about 2 or 3 hours.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed ARkham City but thought that Arkham Asylum was vastly superior.

On another note, after playing the utterly fantastic Mass Effect 3 DLC Leviathan it has inspired me to start over from Mass Effect 2 all over again. Definitely my favorite games ever.

I will probably give Knight of the Old Republic or Jade Empire another go before attempting the Mass Effect again, don't get me wrong I like the Mass Effect games but they are endurance tests compared to earlier Bioware games.

Since I have very little faith that it will get a European release I bought an American 3DS in preparation for Shin Megami Tensei IV (now knowing my luck it won't even get a US release lol) so currently I am playing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked.

Enjoying it so far but I'm not far enough in to notice the changes from the original version yet other then the voice acting which is pretty standard.

Edited by The King Of Swing

I've been spending a few hours on Tokyo Jungle after waiting half of the day for PSN to update, well worth the wait indeed as it's such a special little game. Nothing beats taking down a cow with a group of feral cats or sneaking past a sabretooth tiger with a lone chick. Sony really do love games that stray away from the norm, don't they?

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Quick question for any Assassin's Creed: Revelations players here - does it make any difference having all the Master Assassins on active duty or can you go on missions solely with 'regular' (Lvl10) assassins while keeping the Masters in the Mediterranean? It makes no difference as the dens remain locked either way, it's just annoying having one city go from 100% to 20% when my paypacket goes in and one more mission available would make a difference.

EDIT: New record: Alexandria just went from 100% to 4% in one hit.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members

Playing Skyrim and I'm stuck in some fucking cave walking down the same two foot of dank fucking cave and being killed by the same two fucking goblin fucking things.

"ohh there's more to it than just poncing about in a cave" well that's all I've got now. I can't find a way out backwards, just a big fucking lake, going forwards me and my companion get slaughtered by some dwarf things. I've got as a far as some temple or something full of bronze pipes but I'm not spending hours walking down the same two foot of cave and I'm not starting again doing all the shitty "follow this bell end and learn how to use a sword" bit either.

Where the fuck am I and how do I get the fuck out. I think its called bottomless pit, its up by that collage place in the north and I'm really pissed off with it.

Edit: Its this fucking place

Edited by Tommy!

Xcom is so fucking sweet!!

Anyone else playing it?

Yeah, it's great. It is undoubtedly simplified from the original, but that's not a bad thing. I'd forgotten how tense turn-based games can be though!

Edited by Loki

• Moderators

I had never played the original so it's all new to me. And yeah... it is surprisingly tense. In my mind because it's turn based I thought it would be a nice relaxing game, but I tend to have to take a little breather after each turn on a heavy mission because it all gets a bit intense.

The best description of it that I could come up with is that it is like a video game version of Doom: The Boardgame. But I don't think anyone other than Mike Castle will be able to appreciate that reference.

I finally picked up Street Fighter x Tekken yesterday as it was cheap in CEX. Looking forward to having a bash on that.

• Paid Members

Tommy, I don't think I've been there before. Just load from your least save and never go there again. It can't be an important place.

I'm playing through San Andreas again, Christ it hasn't aged at all. You forget about the inferior (compared to today's standards) graphics pretty much instantly. Well, I did. Although it does make you think how good GTAV will be if it's anything like this plus insane graphics.

Everyone needs to replay this game to appreciate how bloody good a game can be.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I bought it off of the Xbox marketplace and played through it couple of years ago, It's still awesome. The graphics held up much better than I thought they would (although that could be down to the Xbox version being much better than the PS2 one which I played originally), even some of the harder shit that I dreaded playing again (the Zero ones/Flying school etc..) seemed to be made more forgiving. The GTA5 stuff is making me want to play it again.

Assassin's Creed 3 has been rubbish so far. It's not helped by the fact that a file that the game told me to read spoiled a plot twist that's yet to come. So to anyone still/about to play the opening stages of the game: don't read anything in the Animus database.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It just flat-out said about the Indian woman- "she fell in love and had a child with a Templar."

Thanks for that, Ubisoft. I'm really looking forward to the cutscene where the guy I'm playing as actually reveals himself to be a Templar now! Dickheads.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I know it's going to get better, but right now I'm regretting that I traded in Resi 6 to go towards it.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members
Tommy, I don't think I've been there before. Just load from your least save and never go there again. It can't be an important place.

Didn't have a save outside the cave, which there's no backwards escape from. :angry:

I finally did get through there today, there was fuck all there and it wasn't worth the hassle. They can get fucked if I'm going there again.