WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I'm so far out on the loop when it comes to games, I've only now just got a look at Sleeping Dogs, I think I'll be picking that up pretty sharpish. I'll be picking the new Fifa up as well. I got really into the Virtual Pro and Ultimate Team stuff in last years game before a corrupt data file fucked me over. Those 2 games combined should see me good for the next year.

Anyone else playing Darksiders 2? I've put about 5 hours into it and so far, the game just seems to be a boring mix of simple platforming, simple puzzles involving rolling balls into holes and battles that mostly last around 30 seconds. What makes things worse is that your character walks so damn slow making walking across a dungeon feel like a tedious trek.

Does it get any better at all? I do enjoy the simple, flowing battle system when I get to a challenging/boss fight and I'm a sucker for loot games, but if its just crappy dungeon after dungeon, I might as well cut my losses and go and get Sleeping Dogs.

I'd suggest saving yourself some time by stopping now if you're not enjoying it after 5 hours - it doesn't improve. If anything, the further you go the more obvious it becomes that you've done it all in other games before (but better). I loved the first one so it was pretty upsetting to see how plain the sequel is - I got rid of it and then moaned about it here. Trade it in while the value's still half decent and put the money towards something else!

I've not played Darksiders for over a year purely because I can't beat the first boss. Apparently it is notoriously awkward, but I still feel shit for not being able to do it.

I gave in and traded it away for the exact same reason, just bought it again on the cheap knowing full well that bitch is still waiting to humiliate me again.

Anyone else playing Darksiders 2? I've put about 5 hours into it and so far, the game just seems to be a boring mix of simple platforming, simple puzzles involving rolling balls into holes and battles that mostly last around 30 seconds. What makes things worse is that your character walks so damn slow making walking across a dungeon feel like a tedious trek.

Does it get any better at all? I do enjoy the simple, flowing battle system when I get to a challenging/boss fight and I'm a sucker for loot games, but if its just crappy dungeon after dungeon, I might as well cut my losses and go and get Sleeping Dogs.

I'd suggest saving yourself some time by stopping now if you're not enjoying it after 5 hours - it doesn't improve. If anything, the further you go the more obvious it becomes that you've done it all in other games before (but better). I loved the first one so it was pretty upsetting to see how plain the sequel is - I got rid of it and then moaned about it here. Trade it in while the value's still half decent and put the money towards something else!

Fuck it, I'll trade it in over the weekend then. Don't suppose you have links to your other reviews to you? Your absolutely spot on with that Darksiders 2 review, and if I find myself agreeing to some of your other reviews, you may become my go to guy for game-buying advice :love:

Whats everyones impressions on Sleeping Dogs?

anybody playing madden on 360 this year I've just bought this years game and was thinking about joining an on-line league. I've never done it before and really want to try does anyone know of a uk based league that would let a beginner join?

I know it's not a UK based tourney but give Gamebattles a try, list yourself as a free agent, post on the forum saying that you're after a team and see if anyone will pick you up :) GB is part of the reason I still play shooters and FIFA, makes it a little more competitive lol xD For Madden, there's a singles ladder and a team play ladder, might be worth a shot on the singles to meet a few other good players and then team up :)

Singles ladder: http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/x...ngles/standings

Team ladder: http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/x.../team/standings

Fuck it, I'll trade it in over the weekend then. Don't suppose you have links to your other reviews to you? Your absolutely spot on with that Darksiders 2 review, and if I find myself agreeing to some of your other reviews, you may become my go to guy for game-buying advice :love:

Whats everyones impressions on Sleeping Dogs?

Said a few times in various threads that Sleeping Dogs is well worth a go, check it out. The special edition was only

Haha thanks for that! I've only done two reviews so far though, and the other one was for a DVD. I was hoping to do Borderlands 2 in a couple of weeks but I'll be away when it comes out :(

Is anyone playing the episodic Walking Dead game? The third part that just came out was fucking awesome!

Seconded!

The originally slated October 5th release date for PES 2013 has been changed. It's now out a week before Fifa 13 on the 21st Sept. Good ploy from Konami, it plays a fantastic game and getting it out before Fifa will give it a fighting chance of making some respectable sales.

Just finished Episode 1 of The Walking Dead game. Top notch storytelling, the comic book style is stunning and cant wait to get the rest! If anything happens to Clementine I think my heart is gonna break though. Love the stats at the end too. What did everyone pick?

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Honesty - Lie to Hershel? - I was honest.

Who would you save - Duck or Shawn? - Shawn

Loyalty - Side with Kenny? - Larry

Mercy - Give Irene the gun? Gave her the gun

Who would you save - Doug or Carly? Carly.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Cobra1000