WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I've seen plenty of rave reviews for The Walking Dead on here and among friends...so I went ahead and bought all five chapters last night. Really sounds like something I'll enjoy playing and should definitely keep me busy for a while.

If I find it disappointing, I blame you guys for building my expectations up so much. ;)

• Paid Members
Anyone getting Far Cry 3?

Should be picking the PC version up tomorrow. Shame that in the UK it doesnt have compatability with Steam.

I want to give this a go, looks pretty decent from the trailers. If anyone plays it, let me know what it's like. I value your opinions.

Been playing a few hours of Far Cry 3 and even though the story seems a tad shitty the game itself is pretty fun, the map feels huge and there's a fuck tonne to do and it has it's charms unlike many big games in this style. There also seems to be a decent amount of stealth elements so that will keep me happy for a while.

Put a few hours into it today so far too. Really enjoyed it so far, only real critisism is the menu system feels clunky, especially for a PC version im playing. That and the online UPlay system is complete gash compared to Steam.

Even runs nicely on my work laptop on medium settings and still looks great. Will see how it looks on my desktop when I can be arsed installing it onto that.

• Paid Members

I've given up on Assassin's Creed. Played up to sequence 8 or 9 and it's still boring as sin. Bloody frustrating, too. The final straw came when I got a game over screen for killing a couple of rabbits and not going back to skin their bodies. So much for being an "open world" game. Going to trade it in towards Hitman Absolution when I'm next up the town, Blood Money was one of my favourite PS2 games ever. I'm sure I'll appreciate the freedom of Agent 47's assassinations even more after coming off of the boring linear ones in AC3.

I'm going to have to get Black Ops 2 at some point as well. Had a wee shot of it at a mates house the other day and really enjoyed it. I kept dying in the very first mission because I was having too much fun running at the endless stream of baddies chopping their heads clean off with the machete!!!

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

I'm sure I'll appreciate the freedom of Agent 47's assassinations even more after coming off of the boring linear ones in AC3.

Hitman: Absolution isn't half as free as Blood Money was, it's a decent stealth game but too many of the missions just involve you getting from one door to another. It's not really worth using a disguise half the time as people still spot you unless you use some arcadey "instinct" power which runs out VERY quickly and can't be regenerated on higher difficulties. Don't get me started on the story, the worst of any game I've played this year by far.

I'm making it sound worse than it is, if it was called something else than i would probably enjoy it more but I'm a huge fan of Hitman and this just doesn't play like a Hitman game.

• Paid Members
I'm sure I'll appreciate the freedom of Agent 47's assassinations even more after coming off of the boring linear ones in AC3.

Hitman: Absolution isn't half as free as Blood Money was, it's a decent stealth game but too many of the missions just involve you getting from one door to another. It's not really worth using a disguise half the time as people still spot you unless you use some arcadey "instinct" power which runs out VERY quickly and can't be regenerated on higher difficulties. Don't get me started on the story, the worst of any game I've played this year by far.

I'm making it sound worse than it is, if it was called something else than i would probably enjoy it more but I'm a huge fan of Hitman and this just doesn't play like a Hitman game.

Creativity is the key with Hitman Absolution. Admittedly it's not as free as Blood Money, but the game is much much better and there's more focus on doing missions in different ways. Like the second mission in the game has about 12 ways (listed) to kill the guy. The instinct thing is annoying, but makes perfect sense. You dress as a cop, the cops will know you're not a real cop, but other people won't.

I wouldn't say the story is bad either, and if it's the worst you've played this year then you can't have played much.

Hitman Blood Money was enjoyable because the mechanics were so shit. It had millions of flaws, but the ragdoll physics and looseness of it all made it unintentionally funny and more enjoyable than it should have been. Absolution fixes the technical issues and so doesn't play as freely, but is still just as creative and enjoyable.

Creativity is the key with Hitman Absolution. Admittedly it's not as free as Blood Money, but the game is much much better and there's more focus on doing missions in different ways. Like the second mission in the game has about 12 ways (listed) to kill the guy. The instinct thing is annoying, but makes perfect sense. You dress as a cop, the cops will know you're not a real cop, but other people won't.

I wouldn't say the story is bad either, and if it's the worst you've played this year then you can't have played much.

Hitman Blood Money was enjoyable because the mechanics were so shit. It had millions of flaws, but the ragdoll physics and looseness of it all made it unintentionally funny and more enjoyable than it should have been. Absolution fixes the technical issues and so doesn't play as freely, but is still just as creative and enjoyable.

The disguise feature might make sense but i still detest it, i don't play games for "realism" and it just makes higher difficulties annoying, turning the game into Splinter Cell as all you can do is creep around corners (I adore SC but that's not what i paid for). I have to admit the game is creative but only during a few levels, too much of the game is spent running away from police and as i said before, just going from door to door.

I've completed a fair few games this year actually, more so than usual i'd say and Hitmans story is easily the worst of them all. But hey, it's all personal opinion and i just didn't like this game all that much, especially as there were better stealth games released in the months prior.

Still really enjoying Far Cry 3. Have put a fair few hours into it since Saturday, mainly doing stuff outside of the main story missions of which I've only done a third or so. Its just really fun to play and piss about on, its like a cross between Skyrim and Just Cause 2. So far, my game of the year.

• Paid Members

Vice City is released today for IOS & Android. Last time I checked a couple of hours ago there were problems installing it (Android at least, anyway) so hopefully it will be fixed sharpish. I'm looking forward to hogging the wife's Nexus 7 to zoom around Little Havana capping some Haitians whilst listening to 'Broken Wings' by Mister Mister.

• Paid Members

It's quite convincing that EVERYBODY that has played Walking Dead has said how good it is, surprising given that games based on TV shows or movies are usually the shits. It's only an XBLA/PSN game as well, isn't it? How much does it cost?