WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

@Harvey Dent

In regards to the X-Box, is it a newer style or the old white/black/elite model?

With the older ones a good hoovering may do the trick, my brother had an original white one up until last year when it finally conked out and he had it for a good five/six years and easily hammered it for a good 6-8 hours a day.

His started playing up as you described yours and a hoovering/lens cleaner did the trick. It will go eventually though so I'd start saving now for the inevitable.

Got an extra pad, HDMI cable and Saints Row 3 - the full collection for

• Paid Members

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but The Walking Dead: Episode 1 is free to download on XBox 360 at this moment in time. I don't know when the offer ends, so I'd act fast.

It really is as good as people say. I'm spending my christmas money to buy the other episodes tomorrow.

• Paid Members
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but The Walking Dead: Episode 1 is free to download on XBox 360 at this moment in time. I don't know when the offer ends, so I'd act fast.

Oh man! I just bought that a few weeks back and have only played around 20 mins so far (it was great). This is like the time I bought Caddyshack on DVD. Purchased - Dinner - Home - TV on - "And coming up next Chevy Chase and Bill Murray in the classic comedy, Caddyshack".

Edit - came in here to talk about assassin's creed. Played number 2 recently, loved it, picked up Brotherhood, enjoyed it - is Revelations any good? Reviews seem a little tepid and I'm considering jumping straight into number 3 (similarly tepid reviews but at least it's a new setting). Any AC experts out there able to advise?

Edited by Miamivenis

• Paid Members

The Mrs is working, so today I'm having something of a Doom marathon session. One of my birthday presents was the Doom 3 BFG set, but I haven't really played much of the main title yet and instead I've been playing the original two games that come with it.

The port is pretty good apart from some aspect ration issues, but the original Playstation port of Doom was fan-bloody-tastic. The lack of music just made everything more haunting and creepy, and the sounds of doors, monsters in the distance, machinery, etc was bloody terrifying. That's how Doom should be played for me.

the old senible world of soccer on xba ;) still one of the best footy games

@Harvey Dent

In regards to the X-Box, is it a newer style or the old white/black/elite model?

With the older ones a good hoovering may do the trick, my brother had an original white one up until last year when it finally conked out and he had it for a good five/six years and easily hammered it for a good 6-8 hours a day.

His started playing up as you described yours and a hoovering/lens cleaner did the trick. It will go eventually though so I'd start saving now for the inevitable.

Got an extra pad, HDMI cable and Saints Row 3 - the full collection for

• Paid Members

Oh man! I just bought that a few weeks back and have only played around 20 mins so far (it was great). This is like the time I bought Caddyshack on DVD. Purchased - Dinner - Home - TV on - "And coming up next Chevy Chase and Bill Murray in the classic comedy, Caddyshack".

Edit - came in here to talk about assassin's creed. Played number 2 recently, loved it, picked up Brotherhood, enjoyed it - is Revelations any good? Reviews seem a little tepid and I'm considering jumping straight into number 3 (similarly tepid reviews but at least it's a new setting). Any AC experts out there able to advise?

As you enjoyed 2 and Brotherhood I can safely say you will enjoy Revelations. I really liked it. I think I preferred it over Brotherhood actually.

Bought a new, slimline black 360 as my old white one blew up just before Xmas, and I have to say they are pretty sexy, and only 150 quid nowadays. Wish I'd bought one earlier to be honest.

Oh, and Far Cry 3 is great.

• Paid Members

I purchased Tokyo Jungle last night, and played it for an hour this morning. It's is ridiculous but a load of fun.

My lady also bought me Lego LOTR today as a Xmas present, but I am away from my PS3 for a week now, so it'll be a delayed play.