WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I still haven't got round to buying the 3DS version, as I never played it first time around. Loved the OOT gameplay on the 3DS so I really need to give this a go.

What are the other games in your Zelda top 3? Bet you say fucking Wind Waker.

Wind Waker, Link to The Past, Majora's Mask.

Haters be hatin' 😎

The correct top 3 is:

A Link to the Past

A Link Between Worlds

Link's Awakening DX

Twilight Princess was the biggest mistake they made, nowt more than a soulless copy of OOT and I meet so many people who want a repeat of that. For me personally, the 3D Zeldas are all about change and innovation, each one should differ from the next while keeping that core feeling and they've all done that aside from TP. The 2D games are where you go for a more unified style, and even then they've added bits and bobs to them.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The correct top 3 is:

A Link to the Past

A Link Between Worlds

Link's Awakening DX

Twilight Princess was the biggest mistake they made, nowt more than a soulless copy of OOT and I meet so many people who want a repeat of that. For me personally, the 3D Zeldas are all about change and innovation, each one should differ from the next while keeping that core feeling and they've all done that aside from TP. The 2D games are where you go for a more unified style, and even then they've added bits and bobs to them.

Merzbow is closest with the Code of Zelda, but I thought Twilight Princess was fantastic! Although to be fair I didn't play OOT until a few years ago, therefore I played Twilight Princess first and thus couldn't compare it to OOT. This is probably the reason why I don't rate OOT that highly either.

1) A Link to the Past

2) Twilight Princess

3) A Link Between Worlds

My 5-year-old son is getting into Zelda games, which is fantastic as I'm helping him out with the tricky parts. He's been playing A Link Between Worlds on his 2DS and Twilight Princess on the Wii. He still thinks Zelda is the main guy in it, I'm not wasting any more time repeating myself to him.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are shit. Minish Cap is good, Link's Awakening is brilliant and I haven't played the Oracles games much yet. Skyward Sword was a massive disappointment in terms of game depth, although it felt nice playing it.

• Awards Moderator

I read something neat on Reddit yesterday:

66y5H9C.jpg

And: 

If you want to take it even further, Link must complete part of the Spirit Temple as a child and then go back as an adult to finish the rest. In other words, he exits the uterus as a child, grows up, and then...enters it again as an adult.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/6a6iwa/my_little_brother_made_an_observation/

• Paid Members

Well I started Witcher this evening.  Thought I'd have a quick half hour.  3 hour later I'm addicted.  Amazing game.

On 04/04/2017 at 6:29 PM, Thunderplex said:

Do they have it for the PS4 for that price?  Love the Mafia games.

The shop (Joypad in Chorlton) just posted on their Facebook page that they now have Mafia 3 on the PS4 for £15 if you're still interested.

• Paid Members

I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn. It's good fun and incredibly beautiful to look at but it's basically all the best bits from every popular modern open world game all thrown together with a nice shiny fresh coat of paint. I'm enjoying it but it's no classic. At least so far.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

The shop (Joypad in Chorlton) just posted on their Facebook page that they now have Mafia 3 on the PS4 for £15 if you're still interested.

Ooohhh, thanks for the info, I'll pop over on my lunch break tomorrow.  Really good of you that, cheers,