WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Yeah, I gave it a go but it just made me want to play Skyrim. Got a week off coming up soon so I might give it another look then. Is that Morrowind expansion out yet? I liked the sound of that.

Redownloading Elite Dangerous after seeing the talk of it on here. I couldn't get the hang of it first time around and ended up deleting it to make room on my hard drive, but I'm well up for a bit of space exploration at the moment. Also just been back to The Evil Within after not getting on too well with that at the time. Still not totally convinced by it, but I'm not finding it as frustrating as I did last time I played it.

For what it's worth, I gave up on Elite first time around as I couldn't get out of the first star system.  Didn't realise you had to plot a course to the destination as opposed to highlighting the destination and trying to warp there.

• Paid Members

On ESO, I chose to be a Redguard as I wanted to play the game with a lovely Hammerfell desert backdrop. Quite early-ish into the game, when I got to Daggerfall, one of the first missions took me right across to the other side of High Rock. It took me ages to trek there and in the meantime I was passing loads of important cities and settlements that I wanted to eventually visit through a natural course. Anyone else experience this? Very annoying!

Agree with Carebear Luvva though, it definitely made me want to play Skyrim. I am looking forward to eventually visiting Winterhold in ESO though, as the game is set before the big landslide and it's still a major city. Should be interesting.

• Paid Members

What game/mod is it where a team plays as inanimate objects like chairs and tables and the other team has to figure out what's actually a player and shoot them?

• Paid Members

Just decided to finally give The Witcher a go.  Stuck the disk in and it's doing a 20gb update.  Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

What game/mod is it where a team plays as inanimate objects like chairs and tables and the other team has to figure out what's actually a player and shoot them?

Garry's Mod - Prop Hunt. 

4 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Just decided to finally give The Witcher a go.  Stuck the disk in and it's doing a 20gb update.  Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

You're lucky, the new Doom has an 30gb update with the entire game taking 80gb of space. I'm sure I read that Halo 5 now has a 50gb+ update if you start it fresh.

10 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

It's a shame the forum's new post rep system doesn't show a list of voters, as I'd love an insight into the mind of whoever felt compelled to "down vote" that.

Explain thyselves, cowards! :ninja:

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

It's a shame the forum's new post rep system doesn't show a list of voters, as I'd love an insight into the mind of whoever felt compelled to "down vote" that.

Explain thyselves, cowards! :ninja:

It's just the paidos being peevish because I'm better looking than them and get sex with women.

• Paid Members

Picked up the freebies from PS+, along with a discounted Star Wars Battlefront this week, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch.

Type Rider is well up my street - simple, relaxing gameplay where you collect nerdy information about the history of different typefaces. Yes! The music is lovely, too.

Other free bits leaving a lot to be desired, though. Alienation is pap. Tales From The Borderlands seems okay - raised a couple of chuckles so far - but I have no knowledge whatsoever of the series, so while the premise is pretty obvious, I'm probably missing something, and there's not much there compelling me to return to it.

Star Wars Battlefront is a bit pap, and I'm not very good at it.

Mario Kart 8 is great fun. I don't like that the game just starts with all the characters unlocked, though, it gives me less incentive to dick around on it for hours.

23 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Picked up the freebies from PS+, along with a discounted Star Wars Battlefront this week, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch.

Type Rider is well up my street - simple, relaxing gameplay where you collect nerdy information about the history of different typefaces. Yes! The music is lovely, too.

Other free bits leaving a lot to be desired, though. Alienation is pap. Tales From The Borderlands seems okay - raised a couple of chuckles so far - but I have no knowledge whatsoever of the series, so while the premise is pretty obvious, I'm probably missing something, and there's not much there compelling me to return to it.

Star Wars Battlefront is a bit pap, and I'm not very good at it.

Mario Kart 8 is great fun. I don't like that the game just starts with all the characters unlocked, though, it gives me less incentive to dick around on it for hours.

Slightly pedantic, but there is a single character that you can unlock. You have to get 3 gold stars on every single race/speed. I believe it's a gold version of Metal Mario, but I'm cack in the 200cc category so I doubt I'll unlock it.

• Paid Members

Ah, fair enough. I'm far too crap at Mario Kart to manage that.

It's just that I played the Wii U version with the ex, and unlocking characters gave it a bit more purpose than unlocking new wheels. Starting a game with everything already available always feels a bit rubbish to me - like, what am I actually aiming for now?