WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Ah, fair enough. I'm far too crap at Mario Kart to manage that.

It's just that I played the Wii U version with the ex, and unlocking characters gave it a bit more purpose than unlocking new wheels. Starting a game with everything already available always feels a bit rubbish to me - like, what am I actually aiming for now?

I see your point. They should probably try and create some free DLC for people to unlock if they get x amount of things, even if only 3 characters or some old SNES tracks.

Having 1 character if you complete 200cc is horrid. I can't win all of the 150cc cups.

I had Mario Kart 8 on Wii U, I don't remember it having any unlockable characters (maybe it did) just ones you had to pay extra for.

Edit: just checked there were loads of them.

Edited by westlondonmist

Alienation is aces, yeah it's a simple twin stick shooter but it has a bunch of Diablo like loot/class/skill tree elements and some great co-op action. The art style is balls and I could see that putting people off as it makes the game look generic as fuck at first.

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Star Wars Battlefront is a bit pap, and I'm not very good at it.

I haven't touched an online shooter since Bruce Forsyth was in short trousers but I couldn't resist the Star Wars setting for tuppence. 

I'm really enjoying it! Being part of mass teams of 20-a-side is hilarious and nobody has any patience so a little survey of the area helps loads. I have to admit I probably wouldn't enjoy it without the Star Wars dressing as the game play is very shallow. Running alongside an AT-AT in the snow as you storm the Hoth base is so much fun. 

I'm really shit at Elite Dangerous. Like unbelievably awful at it. Trying to do the combat training mission right at the beginning and I can't even get the enemy in front of my ship. I'm just slowly spinning around trying to see where the baddy is so I can shoot him, but he's always behind me and I just can't seem to turn around quick enough to catch him. He's blown me up five times now. He must be proper pissing himself :(

Should I be going really slowly, or completely stopped? Either way, my shield goes down within a few seconds then I'm blown up while looking around for the other bugger. It wasn't this tricky on my very first attempt, but I've no idea what I did differently that time!

Shit! Did it! Used a load of homing missiles then had to chase him a little bit to get a few more shots in. Having the speed in the little blue marker seemed to work perfectly for turning and aiming and shooting. Great stuff. I've got further than I did when I originally downloaded it now!

Ah, I didn't bother with the advanced one as it was too hard!  Just went straight into the game and not working out what I was doing for a month.  Now?  I'm one of the leading hauliers in a tri system area.  

"Need Data or cargo hauled with no slouchin'?  The man for the job is Commander Houchen"  However, like most intergalactic white ship men, no aliens welcome.

31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ah, I didn't bother with the advanced one as it was too hard!  Just went straight into the game and not working out what I was doing for a month.  Now?  I'm one of the leading hauliers in a tri system area.  

"Need Data or cargo hauled with no slouchin'?  The man for the job is Commander Houchen"  However, like most intergalactic white ship men, no aliens welcome.

Has there not been much combat in the actual game then? Or can you just not shoot stuff and nobody will hassle you?