WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

So the demo for Prey is out on consoles, I'm not really feeling it even though it has very obvious System Shock/Bioshock/Deus Ex influences. It's just a bit bland compared to said games and wow the audio cues are horrible, just a huge load of BWAAARRRRRR's whenever an enemy pops out of nowhere and the sound stays after killing them.

Finally got my hands on Dark Souls 2 and 3, I've had a little play through on both, I for the brief time I was on it Dark Souls 3 felt more like home than 2 did. 

Any tips for a noob for DS2? I'm a warrior I needed a shield to start off with

Drangleic Shield is THE shield for the earlier to mid parts of the game, you could possibly use it till the end.

You have to beat the Pursuer, the second boss in the Forest of Fallen Giants. Go past his boss area, and jump down the hole in the walkway in front of you. There's a body down there with the Drangleic Set (without the helm), the Drangleic Sword, and most importantly, the Drangleic Shield!

I probably won't be too much help with this game, I didn't like it half as much as the other two so I only played through once and I forgot a whole bunch.

8 hours ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Tempted to get a Nintendo Switch, for the people who already have one is it worth it at this stage or should I wait a while?

Reasons I like it is that I can play games during a commute or while my girlfriend is watching shit telly and it also takes up no space in my tiny flat. For me it was well worth it but others maybe not. If you want it purely as a home console then Mario Kart 8 and Zelda are available of Wii U, with many of the downloadable games also being on Wii U. Games are not that expensive if you go to Amazon where I paid £41 for Zelda, £40 for Mario Kart and £27 for 1-2 Switch' I paid £39 for Bomberman off Base.com. Over the rest of the year more games will come out for it like Arms, Splatoon 2 and a new Mario game which may make you think it is a must buy.

• Paid Members

By the by Tetris is £34.99 (probably cheaper somewhere) and is stupidly fun and competitive with a decent amount of modes, customisation options and unlockable content. If you have good memories of playing games like Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine then it's worth your money if you have a switch. Mario Kart is £45 and that came out cheaper on the last console like 2 years ago.

Thanks guys, at present I think there are probably two games that I would consider definite purchases at the minute (Zelda and Mario Kart) I am intrigued by the whole portable aspect and I think that is why I am serioulsy considering one. The new Mario game looks a bit of a departure to more recent titles (similar to Sunshine) but lets be honest, they have all been excellent games. 

On 29/04/2017 at 9:45 AM, Merzbow said:

Drangleic Shield is THE shield for the earlier to mid parts of the game, you could possibly use it till the end.

I probably won't be too much help with this game, I didn't like it half as much as the other two so I only played through once and I forgot a whole bunch.

Decided to put Dark Souls 2 on hold as it's not as fun more just draining especially with no decent weapon, shield or Armour so I'm stuck getting past the section after the big pit of fire once descending the ladder. 

Decided to jump straight onto Dark Souls 3 instead. It's a lot faster paced compared to number. I've defeated my second boss, got into the next area where there was a giant throwing arrows at me then the boss raped me and all my 4000 souls and my ember. Luckily I have a shield that deflects all damage and a katana sword which does decent damage. 

Many advice would be grand what to do or special weapons to get in advance.