WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I find it a bit mad in this connected age that such promotions aren't synchronised internationally. I've seen numerousĀ ads and reports today about the Yakuza Kiwami steelbook edition being available to pre-order, but instead of linking to options for multiple regions outside North America they're relying on me seeing another ad or report about UK pre-orders (at more cost to them) once they're ready to start taking my money.

On 12/04/2017 at 7:19 AM, jasmith85 said:

From what I've read it's hard as hell.

ive got to the bed of chaos but I can't get past the final part, it always catches me with a sweep or slam just before I jump

Luckily I defeated but got caught with a firestorm attack whilst inside the bed of chaos but it didn't kill me luckily.

so now I've progressed to the 4 kings where I got destroyed. I didn't have the correct ring on at first which went well so I died entering the abyss. Then I died facing the twice, I used the Gravelord sword instead of my fury sword, nor do I have the grass while which makes life fun (since I actidentally sold it to the giant lochness thingy at firelink shine).

so the 4 kings and then Niro to go then the final boss. For a game that infuriates me it's game good fun and keeps me coming back.

On the off chance someone somewhere has played the Kindle Fire version of Lego Batman DC Superheroes 2, how DO you freeze the waterfalls just past the level where you destroy Two Faces car?

I made the mistake of picking up my 7 year olds Kindle, playing it and now I'm stuck. From what I gather, the Kindle version is a condensed version of the PS3/4/XBOX games, but I can't find any help online for Kindle version. It says that the waterfall can only be frozen with a character with a freezing action, and I can see a pissing new suit above it but can't get to it! Doing my head in. Any help appreciated before my daughter figures it out herself and I sulk for a weekend.Ā 

• Paid Members

I'm playing C&C through again, and it's highlighted how much thicker I am now than 15 or 20 years back. Getting hammered far too quick. :(

That said it's delightfully addictive, as much now as it was then. Not many games have that for me. Ā Bad Company 2, that one where you ponce about shouting at dragons, Ā Fallout 3 and the first Smackdown are the others I couldn't put down, so it's in good company I think.Ā 

Edited by Tommy!

On 11/04/2017 at 8:08 PM, Merzbow said:

The DLC is very much worth it.

I've ordered dark souls 2 for the Xbox one. Ā£11 so not a bad deal.Ā 

Sadly I've got stuck again on Dark Souls Gwen has kicked my arse twice now. He doesn't like the Estus flask being used does he. So going into this fight I'm more about melee. No experience with magic at all, a tiny bit of priomancy overtime and used the Heal Miracles a lot.

so in my arsenal crap loads of Armour. I have the mask of a child for Stamia reboots.

I have the Gravelord Sword and the Crystal halberd but it's on its last legs and my trusty Quelaag Fury Sword.

Any ideas?

So my friends and I have recently all purchased Monopoly on the PS4.Ā 

We have GTA, Call of Duty, Fifa, yet this game is the one that brings out more hatred, time elapsed, and awkwardness than any of the previously mentioned.Ā 

For Ā£25 it's well worth it. You can add in unofficial rules as well such as Free Parking, the Go rule, all property is auctioned etc.

Would recommend it to everyone. Get it downloaded and come join us for a game.

I know this is a video game thread, but I'll use the Monopoly reference to segue into board games.

I highly recommend Catan. Monopoly tends to drag on until someone finally gets put out of their misery (the free parking rule and some other custom rules often prolong the game too). Often someone will start agreeing toĀ silly trades because they can't be fucked any more.Ā 

Catan's a trading game, but the majority of the time it's close. No one gets elimimated from the game, you feel like you have a chance all the way through as there's multiple ways of winning, and it will last a good amount of time without dragging like Monopoly. There's a free version on the internet to give it a go, but the board game is really where you'll understand the rules.

8 hours ago, jasmith85 said:

Prepare yourself for misery with that one. It's had a bit of a reshuffle since the original 360 version, with differentĀ enemy placements and that sort of stuff. I don't know if it's because things are different to the old version, or if it's genuinely much more difficult than it used to be, but it's absolutely solid. I'd consider myself to be pretty good at the Souls games, but I really couldn't take the Xbone versionĀ and ended up quitting. It's sat on the shelf waiting for me to go back to it, but I don't think I can face it...

On the subject of Gwyn (assuming you mean him, rather than Gwen, who I wish existed as a demonic old lady sort of character), the trick is to parry him. Parry his attack, get a shot of your own in, take your time and you'll get there eventually. Either that or make sure you've got a shield with aĀ 100% resistance toĀ physical attacks to defend yourself from his sword, and kite himĀ around the little rock section in the middle of the room and get single hits in wherever you can. Parrying is the better method, but making him follow you around in circles at least gives you a bit of time to drink some Estus if needed. Or combine the two - use the parry attack method to get his health down, andĀ circle around the rocks to get some distance to get your own health back up.

8 hours ago, jasmith85 said:

Sadly I've got stuck again on Dark Souls Gwen has kicked my arse twice now. He doesn't like the Estus flask being used does he. So going into this fight I'm more about melee. No experience with magic at all, a tiny bit of priomancy overtime and used the Heal Miracles a lot.

so in my arsenal crap loads of Armour. I have the mask of a child for Stamia reboots.

I have the Gravelord Sword and the Crystal halberd but it's on its last legs and my trusty Quelaag Fury Sword.

Any ideas?

Ā 

Parry, it's high risk but parrying is the best tool against him. A shield with good fire defense if you feel you need to block and a quickish weapon.

10 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Ā 

Parry, it's high risk but parrying is the best tool against him. A shield with good fire defense if you feel you need to block and a quickish weapon.

Cheers for the parry advice, I defeated Gywn on the 4th attempt. I tried using a fire shield to block several of his attacks but it didn't succeed. So despite not parrying throughout the entire game gwyn wasn't too bad.

Now on NG+ Any advice?

• Paid Members

Anybody play PoolNation FX on XBox One?

I picked up PAcman Championship Edition 2 yesterday as well. It's a big step up in terms of intensity from the first one, which I thought was pretty intense anyway.

• Paid Members

12 hours into Persona 5 and it is superb. I love how slick everything is - graphically, the music and the storyline blending. Slowly getting into the proper game which involves social links and stuff so here comes the anxiety about missing stuff and doing stuff wrong but it's just so much fun.Ā 

• Paid Members

Almost smashed my pad in anger trying to complete a hard level track on Trials Fusion earlier. At 200 attempts i knocked it off and sat there furious for half hour, night ruined.