WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

The Wii U version is the original and was finished a while back but Ninty knew it would be silly to release it before the Switch. I'm sure it would have hurt sales a tad.

What the Switch needs for me to put my money down is a focus on 3DS type games along with the AAA style, more JRPGs and things like Virtues Last Reward.

• Paid Members

The price of Nintendo's stuff never seems to drop, which is a bit infuriating. I was hoping we might see some decent price drops on Wii U consoles after the release of the Switch, but no. I can't see me being able to justify paying the price of a Switch for a while yet, but I do want to play BotW and there are at least a few other games on the Wii U that I would go for if you could pick up the console cheap enough.

• Paid Members

Does anyone here play EVE Online? I've been on and off trying to get into it for about ten years and on this latest try may finally be there. Just wondering if anyone wants to take me under their wing...

Am playing a lot of neo geo these days after moving a cab into my front room. Never played neo geo BITD and only had this cab 6 months so it's all still quite new to me.

Right now, Aero Fighters 2 is getting played daily. Great shmup, fun as two players as well, and with choice of ships it's got a lot of replayability.

Trying to not use 'continue' to keep the fun in this one! I like being the world's first dolphin pilot but seem to get bigger scores as the British guy.

• Paid Members

Am playing a lot of neo geo these days after moving a cab into my front room. Never played neo geo BITD and only had this cab 6 months so it's all still quite new to me.

Right now, Aero Fighters 2 is getting played daily. Great shmup, fun as two players as well, and with choice of ships it's got a lot of replayability.

Trying to not use 'continue' to keep the fun in this one! I like being the world's first dolphin pilot but seem to get bigger scores as the British guy.

Top Hunter is a pretty fun little Run & Gun. Not quite on the level of Metal Slug, but it's trying to be its own thing.

Cheers dude, I'll give that a go on a MAME cab later!

I'm still looking out for a cheap copy of Metal Slug 3. For now, the cab is rocking Spinmaster on the run'n'gun front. I'm already sick of the fighters but enjoying some of the sports titles(!)

I feel like I should contribute something "non-retro"... sorry lads, I got nothing. Still playing Skyrim when I want a hardcore chill!

Games (especially Nintendo) are expensive in general, people paid £60 for Zelda (I didn't) and I think that would be a rip off as it may be good but not worth £60 especially as they expect you to pay extra for downloadable content (so full game £78). However you could get most of the game price back from CEX. I paid £41 and think that any more and I would be dissapointed. To me £40 for a good game is no problem to me. Bomberman may be the no frills game but what the hey, it is a type of game that has tested time and will get lots or replay from me in the multiplayer mode.

FAST RMX being my favourite game on Switch so far and that is only £17 but I think that will be a rarity in getting a game of such high quality for that price on the Switch.

I've just started on Dark Souls for the first time on the Xbox one (backwards compatability). Any tips for noobs. I just defeated the alligator caked In teeth in the sewers. I have the Drake sword from chopping off the dragons tail.

Enjoying it so far...

Don't stick with the Drake Sword for too long, it becomes useless as it won't scale with your stats and personally I would recommend not relying on it at all. What stats are you going for btw? Mainly strength or dexterity? I'm guessing you're not a magic user.

Oh and put some souls in to upgrading a Pyromancy Flame when you get the chance, it doesn't need any certain stats like other magic (it says it needs INT but that's a lie), just upgrades. It's a great tool as lots of enemies are weak to fire and you can use many of the spells from a distance away.

Edited by Merzbow