WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Got a Switch today also because I'm a pathetic Nintendo fan boy.
Zelda is great fun but confusingly feels like both a Zelda game and not a Zelda game. That's not a knock, it just takes getting used to. It must be an absolutely massive game because we played roughly 4 hours and we got almost nowhere in terms of distance. We got some classic Zelda items already and it feels like you get them at a much faster rate than other games so you can immediately start exploring more. The survival/stealth mechanics are awesome, but again don't feel like a Zelda game.

Not a big fan of the controller, I must say. They feel a little better with the included grips on but without them they feel tiny (especially trying to use the right one and swap between right stick and buttons), and in the included joypad attachment it feels square and compact. I was aiming to get a Pro Controller but they're £60-65 which is insulting. The games aren't much better too, Bomberman costs £50 which is fucking insane.

So far it's hard to judge because on one hand I don't like the controller and quite honestly would prefer they just release a cable you can plug your 3DS into the TV with than make a whole console with it but have to charge out the arse for games and peripherals because the cartridges cost a bomb to make. They taste disgusting too, which is an odd thing to say but the word online was Nintendo have coated the cartridges with some sort of anti-animal/child coating that tastes like battery acid and discourages them from being eaten. I can attest it's rank as I had to try it.
On the other hand, the big game out for it looks to be fantastic once you get stuck into it and is arguably the strongest launch game on a home console ever, or at least one of.

I got my Switch today with Zelda and a pro controller. Zelda has immediately grabbed me, and I've not really done anything other than explore and gather stuff.

I must say though, that whilst it's ridiculously expensive, the pro controller may well be the best controller I've ever used. It's so well made and silky smooth to use. So in that sense, it's worth the money.

Edit. And yes, the games taste beyond rank. It was the first thing I tried though.

Am I the only one who didn't taste the games? 

Pro controller, even at £60 from Nintendo it just seems too much. I have no doubt that it is top quality. I'm expecting to use it as a handheld mainly so probably won't need it. I'll see how much I use it at home before getting a pro. 

Edited by westlondonmist

Nintendo admitted they added an agent to the plastic to give a foil taste to stop children ingesting them. This hit the news so people want to know how bad it is. Apparently it is foul and the taste lasts. A bit like how you see wet pair do not touch and you think about touching when previously you would not have considered touching

Nintendo admitted they added an agent to the plastic to give a foil taste to stop children ingesting them. This hit the news so people want to know how bad it is. Apparently it is foul and the taste lasts. A bit like how you see wet pair do not touch and you think about touching when previously you would not have considered touching

Ahh, I see. I didn't realise that Nintendo had put something into the plastic. Curiosity always get the better of most people, bit like licking the end of batteries, you know its not going to be good, but do it regardless!

• Paid Members

Im quite impressed with the switch.

I got 1,2 switch snipperclips and zelda. Ive never used in table top mode i admit. But being able to play it off tv while the Mrs is watching eastenders suits me fine. Likewise waiting outside the school to pick my son up.

I dont see me ever using it for the reported 3 hour battery life zelda has so i dont think that will be much of an issue. 

If Nintendo faze out the DS and chucked all development at the switch it could huge. 

The only annoying thing, if a game demands the Joy cons be turned to play the home menu does not return them to the default on exist of the game meaning you have to 

1. Reconnect them 

2. Go to the joy con menu and do it 

I have not had any left con problems yet

I'm watching too much Zelda gameplay and it feels like Nintendo just went "use Miyazaki as inspiration" but they were inspired by both Hayao and Hidetaki. I'm seeing much more Dark Souls than Skyrim so far, the open world elements seem more Ubisoft than Bethesda too. I really need to find a cheap Wii U..