WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Where did you find 2,1 so cheap?

So CHEAP, at £27?? We are talking about the game where you milk cows, right? No fucker should be paying for that game. That should be bundled in with the Switch to showcase what it can do.

Super Mario Odyssey looks bloody good, though.

Edited by PunkStep

I got Zelda and 1 2 at £82 combined. £2 off each for pre order on prime and there was a 1 day £10 off so £7 off each game. Bomberman I got at base.com don't get the games from game they are a con

I did have to think about switch but I do like mini games and there are 28 so I will live paying £27 but I do think they should just have done 10 and had it as a bundle releasing another 30 for £30 in a year. But the game is selling well apparently so all seems well for Nintendo's choice.

I would not be surprised if in 6 months it is included

Edited by westlondonmist

Really don't get the Switch, to the point where I don't really see any need for it to exist. The selling point seems to be that you can take your console games out of the house, but the battery life is apparently only two hours so it hardly seems worth the bother. Also, portable games are generally playable in smaller chunks so people can do little bits at a time, on a bus or whatever, but console games aren't made that way. Chances are by the time the cutscenes have finished and you're ready to start playing it'll be time to put it away get off the bus...

On top of this, the launch line up really is quite poor. The only interesting one is Zelda, but there's no need to buy a Switch if you already own a Wii U. There's also Mario Kart, but again it's also available on the U. Both identical games apart from a few graphical bells and whistles as far as I'm aware, so again no need to buy a Switch for either of those.

Nintendo's hope is that they'll get loads of third party developers on board to tempt people away from other consoles, but that's just not going to happen with the Xbone and PS4 already having such well-established user bases. Why buy a new console to play a game that you could already play on your current system of choice, probably online with your mates who also own the same system?

I feel like people are wise to Nintendo's trick of suppressing supply to create an illusion of demand, so pretenders don't seem to be going as well as expected - you can go into Game right now and put a deposit down to be guaranteed a Switch on release day, but in the past you would have expected it to be sold out this close to launch.

It doesn't feel exciting or interesting in the slightest, which is a real shame. It feels like we're looking at another Wii U situation. After the initial buzz dies down (what little of it there is) everyone will realise it's an unnecessary gimmick with a severely limited game library, third party support tails off, and it's done within 4-5 years. I very much hope I'm wrong, but I'm really finding it difficult to see past this scenario at the moment.

Edit: crikey, that was a big one. TL:DR Nintendo are berks, nobody's bothered, hope I'm wrong.

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA

Battery life is 2.5 to 6 hours. I have a 2 hour commute to work so this will be fine as I can charge at work if needed. Playing Bomberman mario kart on the train will be fun.

I can also use it when my girlfriend has shit like holby and casualty on.

Nothing wrong with the launch line up in my view. 10 games is fine and 3 seem to be very popular. They also have more coming out over the next 2 months.

When the Switch was announced, a website called GameSeek was very briefly taking pre-orders for the grey version at £198.50, which is about £80 below the RRP.

Now they're saying they'll be taking pre-orders for the red and blue version at the same price, but haven't specified when. If you're interested, you can set up a stock alert to try and get in before they're sold out again.

I've bought from them before and found them reliable enough, but they do have some daft practices, like constant "sales" that amount to 50p off most products, or advertising a massive saving on upcoming hardware and then not beefing up the server for an influx of traffic...

Personally, I know I'll be needing one eventually for Mario Odyssey, and can't see them being quite as cheap as this by Christmas, so I'll probably have a crack at this deal even though the launch line-up doesn't excite me.

• Paid Members

I doubt they'd stick a Pokemon game on it so soon after Sun/Moon released. I think they'll see how the Switch performs, and if they really need to they'll stick the next main Pokemon game out on it and quietly pull the plug on the 3DS, or bung a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum remake for it next year to at least test the waters.

• Awards Moderator

Just picked up The Orange Box and to my amazement Team Fortress is still active.

The quick game I had was pretty fun. About to start Half Life 2 which got a lot of praise back in the day.

Ha, I dug that out of the loft only yesterday to play through Portal again.

Got my Nintendo Switch this morning. Have four games at the moment. Have Fast RMX which is pretty much F-Zero, for £16.99 I would say it is definitely worth it. Vroom in the night sky, despite only costing £7.99 it is not good. Video looked nice enough but it pretty dull. It comes across as a £2 tablet game. Will get another game today, either Snipperclips (demo is fun) or get an SNK port.

On cartridge I have Zelda which is pretty good, i'll be shocked if anybody who got a Switch today does not have or will not get this. Have 1 2 switch but have been on my own all day so not played that yet. 

Edited by westlondonmist