WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

If he has no use for PS Plus otherwise, it's a bit much asking someone to fork out 40 odd quid just to be able to play one game.

I got a years worth of PS Plus with my console, but I'm not going to renew when it runs out. I don't play online and the free games aren't mindblowing, so there doesn't really seem much point paying out for it really.

• Paid Members

I appreciate the £40 may be a bit steep, if so just get it quarterly - I think it's £12 per quarter. Little Big Planet 3 is this months game, that's worth £12 of anyone's money, and is only one of the 15 or so games you get a quarter (6-10 on PS4 admittedly)

• Paid Members

My XBox Live Gold has probably paid for itself already, even moreso with Project Cars out next week. EA Access is pretty good value as well. Sometimes if you have a hunt around on Amazon you can get the same services for a discount. I know my EA Access was only £17.50 as opposed to £20. I have just looked and Sony decided they didn't want to add it to PSN though, which is a shame.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

I've been cracking on through the Mass Effect games and trying to lead Accrington Stanley to glory on FIFA 2016. I may have a look at some of the other Sports games. Hopefully Madden isn't anywhere near as incomprehensible nowadays as it was on Megadrive. I'm pondering a look at those Garden Warfare games as well, as I hear good things about them, or at least about the second one.

• Paid Members

Monkey Island 2 is free with Games with Gold this month.

I've never played it, but isn't this considered as one of the best point and click games ever? will give this a bash.

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

The first Monkey Island was given away last month as well. They're great games, but the interface with the controller is a bit clunky.

I appreciate the £40 may be a bit steep, if so just get it quarterly - I think it's £12 per quarter. Little Big Planet 3 is this months game, that's worth £12 of anyone's money, and is only one of the 15 or so games you get a quarter (6-10 on PS4 admittedly)

Unfortunately I spent all my money on the game, so I don't have the extra £12 to pay for PS+.

Isn't the single player more like training for the multiplayer?

I just finished Firewatch, another one of those walking simulators but with a little bit more substance than usual. Loads of wonderful dialogue,  and quite the heartfelt story which is a lot less surreal than something like Everybody Goes To The Rapture.