WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

ARE YOU SERIOUS BRO?

Admittedly, I've only just stumbled upon this, but talk about a knife through the heart.

Edit - the article I read states they're not working on it currently. What a Fucking cocktease tease that is though. Makes no sense for someone with such seniority to bullshit like that. Maybe they were just testing the waters. :(

Edited by Silky Kisser

I've soured a little on Resi 7, the paid DLC is the most blatent attempt at pulling parts from the main game and selling them on a week later for more money. The bedroom tape is possibly the best puzzle the game has too, would have fit in nicely just before the last third of the story.

Resident Evil 7 is a glorious return to form imo. Never been a big fan of the action/shooter direction the series went in.

I love the biohazard series.

I wish it was longer and more challenging. My argument with resident evil 7 is that it's too accommodating towards modern players with the autosave feature instead of an ink ribbon or in this case a cassette it was too easy to tackle

Every enemy with a gun or saw

. It took just 1 week of play (majorly interrupted between changing nappies colllege and full time

Work) to earn all the achievements within the game. I love the bakers and how smegging teffifying they can be it just seems to be a watered down version of what resident evil used to be. Better than resident evil 4 just behind resident evil 1, 2 and Code Veronica X. miles better than the last two instalments though.

• Paid Members

I heard it'd gone back to its horror roots rather than being the pseudo action games it'd become. Did you play Evil Within?

I heard it'd gone back to its horror roots rather than being the pseudo action games it'd become. Did you play Evil Within?

It does return to its roots but it's more of a diet version rather than original resident evil, the puzzles are extremely easy. There are people completing this game with just the knife in under 4 hours on madhouse mode. It's still a good game.

I have played the evil within too that had more tension quite enjoyed that.

Going on pure horror or fear. Alien isolation takes the top spot.

Edited by jasmith85

Were the puzzles ever really difficult in the classics? Granted I haven't played them in years but I don't remember having any real trouble with the puzzles outside of tedious backtracking.

I really need to get back into Alien Isolation. Also have Evil Within but haven't gotten around to playing it.

Resident Evil 1 was piss easy too and It can be completed in less than an hour. In fact all the classic Resi games can be finished in a similar time and weren't much of a challenge outside of the archaic controls.

Alien Isolation was great but went on for 5/10 hours too long.. there is never any need to make a horror game as long as that one was.

• Paid Members

Resident Evil 7 is a glorious return to form imo. Never been a big fan of the action/shooter direction the series went in.

I wish it was longer and more challenging. My argument with resident evil 7 is that it's too accommodating towards modern players with the autosave feature instead of an ink ribbon or in this case a cassette it was too easy to tackle

This is the game equivalent of calling CM Punk by his real name (Its never been called Biohazard over here, there's no need to call it that) and complaining about him working a WWE style match. They've taken it back from the action games, but they aren't trying to replicate the old games in anything other than atmosphere and the puzzles, the save system is fine for the style of game they have made and in hard mode the save points were spaced far enough apart to make it work. The auto-save restarts actually got rid of quite a bit of the repetitiveness that plagued the original games of choosing between wasting a ribbon or having to do 15 minutes of running from point to point every time you reload.

I do agree about the length of the game though 

This is the game equivalent of calling CM Punk by his real name (Its never been called Biohazard over here, there's no need to call it that) and complaining about him working a WWE style match. They've taken it back from the action games, but they aren't trying to replicate the old games in anything other than atmosphere and the puzzles, the save system is fine for the style of game they have made and in hard mode the save points were spaced far enough apart to make it work. The auto-save restarts actually got rid of quite a bit of the repetitiveness that plagued the original games of choosing between wasting a ribbon or having to do 15 minutes of running from point to point every time you reload.

I do agree about the length of the game though 

Apparently once you finish the game there's a harder mode with the ink ribbon system for an extra challenge.