WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Yakuza 0 is out on Tuesday. No sign of it for Europe though despite various sites saying it was coming out so pre ordered the US version.

Can't bloody wait. Yakuza 80's style.

My pre-order from 365games.co.uk was dispatched on Friday.

• Paid Members

It is, so take your idle threats elsewhere poppet.

Seriously, it's brilliant. It has the charm and warmth missing from Skyrim. They've done a great job providing depth to the characters, you actually care about them, which is one thing I can't say about the otherwise-incredible Skyrim.

It was slow for me to get into and I never did, but I feel I should have given it a bit more of a chance as I could tell the story and characters were likely to appeal more than Skyrim.

I find these games pretty daunting. Like I'm paralysed by choice and a big fuck off map. I don't know what things in the inventory do and can't be bothered to fuck around with alchemy. Are there RPGs that are a bit more linear like the PS1 Final Fantasies? Is the new Final Fantasy any good in fact?

I couldn't get into the Witcher 2 because of the combat, the controls felt a bit awkward and it just wasn't very satisfying. Has the combat in 3 changed at all, or is it pretty much the same as 2? That's the only thing that's stopped me picking 3 up, but I'm proper hankering for a massive RPG I can waste all my time on at the moment...

Yakuza 0 is out on Tuesday. No sign of it for Europe though despite various sites saying it was coming out so pre ordered the US version.

Can't bloody wait. Yakuza 80's style.

The physical version is on sale, like, everywhere. No preorder on the digital version, but it'll be on the UK PlayStation store on release day.

My copy arrived Saturday, and it's excellent. The po-faced gangster story mixes really well with the sense of humour in the game. Quite a lot to do as well if you dug into it, maybe not quite as much as previous entries in the series from what I've seen. That's no bad thing though, as there's plenty there and it doesn't feel overwhelming.

• Awards Moderator

It was slow for me to get into and I never did, but I feel I should have given it a bit more of a chance as I could tell the story and characters were likely to appeal more than Skyrim.

I find these games pretty daunting. Like I'm paralysed by choice and a big fuck off map. I don't know what things in the inventory do and can't be bothered to fuck around with alchemy. Are there RPGs that are a bit more linear like the PS1 Final Fantasies? Is the new Final Fantasy any good in fact?

The new Final Fantasy looks hilariously bad, but fair warning I think the whole series is awful. These days it's easier to watch a Let's Play to get the feel of it.

I can't speak to Witcher 2 combat as I've never played it, but in 3 it seems rounded and powerful. You have standard attacks, blocks, parries plus your Witcher powers. You can choose how you fight, whether it's full steam ahead, mage it up or kite the group. The execution animations are satisfying too.

I understand what you mean about the crafting / alchemy. I'm many hours in now but I still don't quite follow all of it. I just put it aside until I feel like it. It's the same with the map. There's lots to do but I'll concentrate on the main story until I fancy a change.

The new Final Fantasy looks and plays great but has a few flaws. The main ones being that the story makes no sense (at least to me) because they decided to release that Kingsglaive film shortly before the game, which features the events leading up to the start of the game. I haven't seen this film so a lot of the key plot points were lost on me.

Secondly, the switch to open-world is done pretty well, except they forgot to put anything in it. Don't be fooled by the hundreds of side quests. They are mostly go to the place, pick up the item, bring it back here fetch quests. Or go to the place, kill the trash mobs, come back here for a small reward type quests.

• Paid Members

Amazon have messed up their preorders on Resident Evil 7 and it looks like the vast majority of people who preordered through them are still waiting for their items to be dispatched. In short i am without game :(

• Paid Members

I got my email at 2:30 this morning saying i could cancel and by the time i read it it was in 'dispatching' (which hasn't moved all day) so I can't cancel it now. Its also now saying it'll be delivered on the 27th :(