WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Doing the latest Arkham, then a couple of games from PS plus, then I'm heading into the Witcher. Think it will take over as Fallout 4 did, so want to get rid of a couple of others first.

Witcher 3 is one of the rare games where I want to do side quests and visit every question mark on the map before moving on with the main quests. 

My tip for Gwent is to play anyone and everyone you can! I didn't do this, I skipped it because I wanted to get on with the fighting but if you beat someone, you get a card from them. This will be added to your collection so you can eventually play with more powerful decks and have a better chance of winning. 

Definitely give it a go if you just found it tricky at first. Be tactical. Use the weather cards to your advantage and play them at the right time. I love it when the other player is putting loads of cards into the close range combat line and I've got the freezing weather card that will wipe out most of his points. The spy cards are good too, place them in their row to add to their points but you get 2 more cards for yourself which can give you the edge and make it a smart sacrifice. 

I can't beat anyone who plays with the Monster deck at the moment, they just have too many special cards that can put them into the 50s quite easily. 

So yes, if you see a merchant, barkeeper or armourer, check to see if you can play them...also look to see if merchants are selling cards and buy them if they are. 

Only thing I don't understand about Gwent is some games I can use my leader card and other games I can't...no idea why. 

I tried Witcher when it first came out. Couldn't get into it. I should probably give it another go.

Ah definitely do. I'm nowhere near finished and I already think it's one of the best games I've played. For me it's one of those "I'll just do this one last thing and then turn it off" games where that one last thing becomes another and then another.

If you're still in that first area of the game, go to all the question marks on the map. Some of them are Places of Power where you instantly get a skill point. I've put most of mine into sword fighting and the Igni sign. I just set guys on fire and then slash them to death. There's also a skill called Gourmet where you can eat food and it will constantly regenerate your health for 20 minutes of real life time. At the start of the game I was getting a bit annoyed at having to eat to regen my health, didn't have much money and was running out of food. Nice not to have that even if I'm maybe a bit overpowered now...

• Awards Moderator

Can anyone recommend a decent 2 player, co-op beat em' up for the PS4? Got a friend staying in a couple of weeks & wanted something we could blast through.

Broforce is kind-of in that category. Good fun with a mate.

I always recommend Co-optimus.