WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I'm sure Diablo 3 is couch co-op, its on sale at PSN too.

Yeah, I was hoping for something more akin to Streets of Rage, Final Fight but I'll make a note of this. Beggars & choosers and all that.

There is a game on Steam and XBL called Reagan Gorbachev that looks pretty cool. It's a top down game (bit like Hotline Miami from what I can make out) rather than a sidescroller, but looks like loads of fun. Basically, Reagan and Gorbachev escape from captive together and smoke some fools, hell bent on revenge on their militant kidnappers. 8-bit inspired graphics.

This guy makes some mistakes with his tactics but if you want an explanation of the basics of Gwent, this is helpful

What's your highest score in Gwent? I got 449 once. I recorded it on video so I could boast about it to my friend like a right prick. I can't post it on YouTube as you will all realise I'm actually Olivier Giroud.

• Paid Members

Sadly the days of those types of games are over, Guacamelee maybe more your thing? It's a wrestling based Castlevania type game with co-op.

Oh oh, Double Dragon 4 is coming out soon so there's that.

Tell me more about Double Dragon 4 and that Guacamelee game, please.

DD4 seems to be a sequel to the NES games, it's in a similar graphical style to those instead of the far superior arcade look which puts me off but I bet it'll be fun.

Guacamelee is a platformer with a whole lot of combat and exploration, very much like Symphony of the Night but with Mexican folklore instead of classical horror tropes. It's pretty damn funny too and worth a download, it pops up in sales quite a bit.

• Paid Members

DD4 seems to be a sequel to the NES games, it's in a similar graphical style to those instead of the far superior arcade look which puts me off but I bet it'll be fun.

Guacamelee is a platformer with a whole lot of combat and exploration, very much like Symphony of the Night but with Mexican folklore instead of classical horror tropes. It's pretty damn funny too and worth a download, it pops up in sales quite a bit.

Sounds a bit like Powerstone.

Hmmm. Not sure I like that. Why no PS3 version?

Edited by BigJag

Will anyone else be getting Resident Evil 7?

I watched the first hour of the full game being streamed on YouTube last night, it was fantastic, very atmospheric with a huge likening to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, being a huge fan of both series' I decided to pre order last night.

• Paid Members

I'm getting it. Still not sure I'll like the new direction, more psychological horror never really translates well to games for me. The main reasons I love the series are due to the backstory, the daft, fun tone and the main characters. So far, I'm not sure this will all be in there. Combat looks worryingly unsatisfying as well. They've done a great job of not revealing too much outside the start, though, so hopefully business will pick up and give me all that shit anyway.

We're getting the Resi 2 remake anyway, so I can't complain too much if this one goes in a direction I don't like.

From what I have seen of the game it's just a first person puzzle/horror survival game similar to Amnesia or Outlast. It doesn't seem to have any relation to rest of the Resident Evil series.

An odd complaint seeing as Resi had already stopped being Resi with the 4th game and was turned into a jovial action/QTE shooter, if anything this feels more like the 1st game than the others after it.

An odd complaint seeing as Resi had already stopped being Resi with the 4th game and was turned into a jovial action/QTE shooter, if anything this feels more like the 1st game than the others after it.

From what I saw there was no combat or zombies. The series has always had those 2 components along with puzzle solving. Unless there is some link to Umbrella Corp's history. I don't see a reason it's considered part of the series.

Just started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and I'm having the same issue with it as I did the first (reboot) one. I know it seems trivial but Lara's voice is really fucking grating on me. She sounds uninterested and bored, but its the accent that's bothering me the most. Don't think I can continue with it.