WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Off next week, and fancy some cheap wrestling gaming. Can get Wwe2k 16 for £15. Is it worth it? Not keen on complicated controls (more of a fire pro man), so do you think it will suit me?

• Paid Members

I don't know if this extends to next week, but somebody mentioned on the previous page that WWE 2K17 is free on Xbox One for the next few days.

But to answer your question, I hated the game and probably won't get another unless they dramatically improve. The WWE games have somehow regressed in my opinion- they're difficult to play/grasp and not fun.

Edited by PunkStep

On 29/03/2017 at 1:45 PM, Merzbow said:

Don't stick with the Drake Sword for too long, it becomes useless as it won't scale with your stats and personally I would recommend not relying on it at all. What stats are you going for btw? Mainly strength or dexterity? I'm guessing you're not a magic user.

Oh and put some souls in to upgrading a Pyromancy Flame when you get the chance, it doesn't need any certain stats like other magic (it says it needs INT but that's a lie), just upgrades. It's a great tool as lots of enemies are weak to fire and you can use many of the spells from a distance away.

I've ditched the drake sword in favour of that sword from the catacombs in the giants tomb and upgraded my strength so I can use it one handed. 

Stats I'm kind of all round, working on strength, dex, life bar and stamina. I have two spell slots though more would be handy.

Ive just defeated the iron golem after several failed attempted after being knocked off the roof time and time again I'm now in a fancy over large church style place running along the rafters but I keep falling off.

I'm in need of some light strong armour and a decent shield. I suck at parrying though.

ive played hard games before but this is something else and it's really fun, I've rage quit a few times but it's really addictive.

large church style place

I offer you my condolences, not too far into the future you're gonna experience true torture.

But before that look for a giant painting which I think is under those rafters and touch it, there's a sweet optional area there.

On 31/03/2017 at 7:29 AM, PunkStep said:

I don't know if this extends to next week, but somebody mentioned on the previous page that WWE 2K17 is free on Xbox One for the next few days.

But to answer your question, I hated the game and probably won't get another unless they dramatically improve. The WWE games have somehow regressed in my opinion- they're difficult to play/grasp and not fun.

They really need to dump Yukes. 2K should be doing this the way they do their NBA games. Yukes haven't bought much good to the series and they are the link between THQ and 2K so no surprise the games haven't had a huge jump in quality since the move to 2K. While I like the simulation aspect of sport games the application of simulation in the WWE games isn't great. They need to find a fine line between the arcade style game play of the earlier THQ games and the simulation feel of the 2K games.

The game modes are awful as well. Career Mode is a joke and you just end up wrestling the same 3-4 guys all the time. I have done nothing but wrestle Seth Rollins, Rusev, Baron Corbin and Finn Balor in 2K17 its just tedious as all hell. Universe Mode has just been a joke since the mode was introduced. So yeah big changes need to be made but they wont be made.

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I offer you my condolences, not too far into the future you're gonna experience true torture.

But before that look for a giant painting which I think is under those rafters and touch it, there's a sweet optional area there.

I've had a little look into my future and I've seen the picture it looks mind bending.

what do I do with the bosses I've missed like the Discharge fire boss that kills me with one swoop and that giant wolf with the sword?

Any tips for a noob?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ryse Son Of Rome is Spartacus the game isn't it? Even more so than the Spartacus game.  It was free with games with gold and a lot of throwaway fun.

It's fun but it's no Shadow of Rome. Tiger fights and beating people to death with their own dismembered arms make it the king of the genre. Shame it's never made it off the PS2.

• Paid Members

Beat Cop is a fun little 80s themed indy game. Recommended. 

I just bought Star Citizen after seeing a bunch of YouTube videos and thinking fuck it. I'm away for a week now so won't get a chance to actually play it but it looks great. I paid £40 which is a helluva lot of money for an early access Alpha but there are options to pay 18 grand if you so desired. 

1 hour ago, jasmith85 said:

I've had a little look into my future and I've seen the picture it looks mind bending.

what do I do with the bosses I've missed like the Discharge fire boss that kills me with one swoop and that giant wolf with the sword?

Any tips for a noob?

Discharge can be beat without hitting it, wake him up then leg it as fast as you can back down the hill and he'll knock himself into the lava..

Sif the Wolf will be much tougher, it's probably best to wear light armour (keep equipment weight at under 25%) so you quick roll and learn to roll away from it's moves.