WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I've no idea what the DLC is outside of 2 or 3 fighters. The game is rammed with costume content and the roster is just shy if 40, but is missing pretty big names like Lei, Baek, Roger/Alex, Bruce, Ganryu and a load from the last game. It's the single player that's bare. A story which is 80% playing as Heihachi and is about an hour long, no proper arcade mode for each character, instead a 1 fight story arc per character. Offline vs is missing Team Battle too and you can do tournaments online but not offline. Online ranked doesn't work, never connects. Some reviewers are calling it "Waiting in a Lobby Sim 2017" according to my mate.

9 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I've no idea what the DLC is outside of 2 or 3 fighters. The game is rammed with costume content and the roster is just shy if 40, but is missing pretty big names like Lei, Baek, Roger/Alex, Bruce, Ganryu and a load from the last game. It's the single player that's bare. A story which is 80% playing as Heihachi and is about an hour long, no proper arcade mode for each character, instead a 1 fight story arc per character. Offline vs is missing Team Battle too and you can do tournaments online but not offline. Online ranked doesn't work, never connects. Some reviewers are calling it "Waiting in a Lobby Sim 2017" according to my mate.

Cheers for confirming this for me, I was considering getting Tekken 7 after the IGN review , I was hoping the series would return to its greatness such as Tekken 3 and Tag Tournament 1, personally Tekken has gone really down hill since then, turning into a really wacky ADHD driven fighting game. 

Cheers for the heads up.

I heard Tekken 6 had next to no single player content either, although I did just buy it last week for a pound so I'm not losing out on much..

Injustice 2 looks awesome, I loved the short but very sweet story mode from the first game and the engine was pretty good I thought. NetherRealm Studios are really good, they've made Mortal Kombat a top tier fighter again. If you're after SP content then also check out Persona 4 Arena, but it may be best if you've played the actual RPG before to get everything as for a fighter it's VERY story heavy.

Brought UFC 2 from the Xbox store for a measly tenner and I'm not sure what to make of it. I put hundreds of hours into UFC Undisputed 3 and I'm struggling to adapt to the new system. Throwing strikes doesn't feel satisfying and I can't see to get the hang of takedowns. 

• Paid Members

Can't get platinum on Tekken cos the last two trophies require winning a ranked match and playing 10 online games, but the online doesn't work. Fantastic.

6 hours ago, pitseleh said:

Brought UFC 2 from the Xbox store for a measly tenner and I'm not sure what to make of it. I put hundreds of hours into UFC Undisputed 3 and I'm struggling to adapt to the new system. Throwing strikes doesn't feel satisfying and I can't see to get the hang of takedowns. 

It's quite a bad game all round. They could of gone down two routes which would of made a lot of fans happy, I would of lovely to see EAMMA but under a UFC banner, or take what THQ built on and take it to the next level. but EA went with a new system which is just awful, the controls are very clunky the speed of how everything is done is way too fast. The ground controls are just bad the career is very plain and boring lacks any imagination or new ideas, it actually is worse than EA UFC 1 due to the sponsors being taken out. Hopefully is they do UFC 3 they start from scratch again and brought what made UFC undistputed or EAMMA good and build on that.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've got a PS4 now. Did they ever sort Street Fighter V out from the shitty mess it was at launch? Is it worth picking up?

@FelatioLips

No idea. I traded it and never looked back.

• Paid Members

I actually loved UFC2, but it does have one hell of a steep learning curve, and I'll add that I never played another game in the series. In my career mode, I ended up focusing everything on striking ability as I struggled so much with takedowns and ground fighting. Even by the end, if I couldn't get a knock-out with a flashy kick or high knee in the first round, chances are I was done for. I quite enjoyed that, though, it made victories feel far more deserved than most games. I keep meaning to go back to it and have another stab at the career mode as a heavyweight and focus more on ground game.

I'm worried that I might end up agreeing with you guys on Tekken 7 - bought it on Saturday, and it's fun, but I have no idea how much longevity it'll have for me. I've not played a Tekken game since maybe 3, so it's still a bit of a novelty, and dressing King up as Okada, and Bob in a Bullet Club T-shirt, is fun, but hardly enough to keep me coming back to it. Single player is pretty bare bones, so I'm not sure how much I'll actually go for that, and don't see myself playing online much at all. It'll be a trade-in job unless I keep it as something to have a go on when I have mates round.