WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

It depends, from what I gather.  There are plenty of missions that require combat but I'm not doing them.  I've got decent firepower so when people have tried to rob me, I've either fought them off or the rozzers have turned up mid combat and scared them off.

31 minutes ago, Andrew the Giant said:

Yeah there are a number of different combat roles you can pick up or as Keith said if you are transporting stuff you might get attacked for the goods.

Seems like once the money starts rolling in you can get a different ship for different missions.  A hauler would be no good for an assassination, for example?

5 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I had a quick look at the main game, and bugger me those initial menus aren't half daunting. I feel like I'm ready to say this one just isn't for me...

Same here.  Best thing to do is look at it like a computer system your work has.  It's an iceberg, you only need the bit you work on.  Start off with the missions that pay about 10k, move data about and then the money will add up.  It also gives you a feel for the maps and shit like that.  I haven't really travelled that far yet I'm totally absorbed and have covered less than 1% of the game.

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

What is the best Mortal Kombat Game for xbox 360?

Looking to get one, thanks 

1 hour ago, Andrew the Giant said:

If I remember there was only one MK game released for the 360 so that one I guess

There was Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, and then the numberless reboot, Mortal Kombat. I don't think I've played the former, and haven't spent enough time on the latter to offer a firm opinion on it, but those are your choices.

• Paid Members

I'd highly recommend Mortal Kombat reboot. Until X on the current gen, it's the best one they've made. The story in MK is better than X's too.

1 minute ago, FelatioLips said:

I'd highly recommend Mortal Kombat reboot. Until X on the current gen, it's the best one they've made. The story in MK is better than X's too.

Cheers, will have that.

For the Elite nerds, get a docking computer or whatever it's called as soon as you can.  Pretend you're in a Kubrick film and save so much hassle.

"Docking" really amuses me, so I'm not sure if buying one of those would help... Don't look it up if you don't know what the saucy meaning is. But if you do know, it's quite funny, right?

I've not given up on Elite but I'm going to wait until I've got more time to faff around with it. A couple of hours a night after work doesn't really seem enough. Instead, I'm going to finish Deadfall Adventures which is a shitty Uncharted/Tomb Raider knockoff I'd never heard of until I noticed it in CEX. It's got ropey dialogue, a very English female sidekick (way too many of those lately), obscure puzzles that you can't work out without looking at a walkthrough (which isn't easy to find because hardly anyone's played it), a journal (ie. hints) that is too small to read properly, and loads of nonsense glitches and bugs like people running on the spot and stuff like that. Quite enjoying it, to be honest. It's the game version of an endearingly crap film. 

• Paid Members
On 18/01/2011 at 5:30 PM, FelatioLips said:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Utterly dreadful. If there ever was a game whats reviews and legacy were completely powered by buzz and fanboyism, Majora's Mask would be that game.

It's awkward, complicated, and some of the glitches break the game. I've only done the first dungeon so far, but some of the things that have annoyed me include the edges of lily pads not being solid meaning you can fall through them and land in the water, and if you happen to be stood near an enemy when the day passes into night, the enemy re-spawns back on top of you. Not a problem on it's own, but the enemy in question was on a small platform on a stealth section meaning I got knocked back down a floor and had to re-start the entire section.

I can see myself trying to stick it out, because I paid for it. Repeatedly playing the exact same 3 days over and over on a loop though is just not fun at all.

So strange reading this back. I'd rate Majora's Mask in my top 3 Zelda games these days. Me and my partner gave it a proper go and once we got used to how it worked we got hooked. Brilliant and fulfilling game.

Speaking of fulfilling, I just finished Peggle and have nothing left to do.

• Paid Members

I still haven't got round to buying the 3DS version, as I never played it first time around. Loved the OOT gameplay on the 3DS so I really need to give this a go.

What are the other games in your Zelda top 3? Bet you say fucking Wind Waker.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

I've only ever played Majora's Mask and OOT in the Zelda series  (and a Gameboy installment I don't remember the name of). But I loved MM. The replaying the three days mechanic was awesome. 

You know, I might have to look into playing through the Zelda games since MM via emulation. 

EDIT: Having said that, I've had the various components for a RetroPie box sitting in my Amazon basket for a few weeks now, might pull the trigger on that. Anyone set one of those up? How have you found it? 

Edited by SpursRiot2012