WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, scratchdj said:

A Pi3 can emulator many PS games just fine.

I have a Pi3 and there are many games that seem virtually impossible to emulate, even to a playable state. Weirdly enough, it's the ones you expect not to work which work fine and vica-versa. Smackdown 2 runs like a dream, even on my phone, but something like Rollcage, Worms 2 or Kloana? You'll have a shite time. Even Tombi and Tombi 2 had issues with the music.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I have a Pi3 and there are many games that seem virtually impossible to emulate, even to a playable state. Weirdly enough, it's the ones you expect not to work which work fine and vica-versa. Smackdown 2 runs like a dream, even on my phone, but something like Rollcage, Worms 2 or Kloana? You'll have a shite time. Even Tombi and Tombi 2 had issues with the music.

My Pi came with ps1 games on but half were soundless. I redownloaded them myself and most were fine.

• Paid Members

I've had to do some fiddly, frustrating tune-ups with BIOS' and the like to get some games to work but some just refuse to budge. It's not just having the games in a playable state either, it's having them as they were originally on-disk.

Looking forward to the subsequent N64 mini too as the emulation is a right curmudgeon. Then, who knows? Maybe we'll have a Saturn mini, which has (to my knowledge) never had any real consistent emulation. We're living in the best of days.

Anyone know if that fire pro wrestling world is worth purchasing and how much you get to customise It? 

Apologies if it is posted a few pages back 

I've never played one of the series and just looking to see opinions on it 

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies 

4 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

Anyone know if that fire pro wrestling world is worth purchasing and how much you get to customise It? 

Apologies if it is posted a few pages back 

I've never played one of the series and just looking to see opinions on it 

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies 

OSW Review have got a review up if you skip to about the 10min mark.

So far I’ve downloaded about 50 wrestlers and I’m nowhere near done I’m making up about 10 different promotions and I’m gonna have a big simulation. 

4 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Is the standard edition available on PS store any time soon? I looked today but I'm not throwing down 75 quid in one go for the deluxe edition.

I got mine on Amazon for £39.99.

Just checked and they’re already out of stock and won’t have more copies til October 13th. 

That deluxe edition comes with a GM mode... £35 EXTRA FOR A GM MODE, that’s criminal

Edited by TildeGuy~!

9 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I got mine on Amazon for £39.99.

Just checked and they’re already out of stock and won’t have more copies til October 13th. 

That deluxe edition comes with a GM mode... £35 EXTRA FOR A GM MODE, that’s criminal

I think that £35 is for the 3 DLCs that are due out. I know one of them has the Junior division content on it, another has the GM stuff but I don't know what the third is.

Edited by BrodyGraham

• Paid Members
On 9/28/2018 at 8:46 AM, Fatty Facesitter said:

I’m eyeing up the Playstation Classic release due on December 3rd. Comes with 20 in-built games including Final Fantasy 7 and Tekken 3. Has anyone heard anything else about this? I’d love to be able to download some other old classics like PSX Doom, Tony Hawk 2 and the original GTA but presumably you won’t be able to do that?

The original GTA played like a dog. GTA3 might be a tricky one due to music rights just like with Tony Hawk. 

The CU Podcast did a prediction of what they thought the lineup would be for the PlayStation mini/classic There's an actual Megadrive mini on the way as opposed to those ones made by @games/Blaze with the dodgy sound hardware and rumours already abounding of the N64 Mini. Aren't Sony working on some kind of PlayStation Classic compilation as well? 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The original GTA played like a dog. GTA3 might be a tricky one due to music rights just like with Tony Hawk. 

GTA 3 was on PS2.

I reckon Parappa The Rapper will be on there, maybe Cool Boarders and One of the Abe games I’m stumped for the rest though.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The CU Podcast did a prediction of what they thought the lineup would be for the PlayStation mini/classic There's an actual Megadrive mini on the way as opposed to those ones made by @games/Blaze with the dodgy sound hardware and rumours already abounding of the N64 Mini. Aren't Sony working on some kind of PlayStation Classic compilation as well? 

GTA 3 is for a different console so that won't be on there, I still enjoy the original tho, gameplay is fast and responsive and has aged better than the clunky early 3D games imo.

Although, Chinatown Wars took that OG style and made it even better.

Edited by Merzbow