Post Of The Year 2016

air_raid

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one from me on the NEWM post.

Here's another one. Regarding the news Tony Schiavone has taken a job at Starbucks.

"It's the LATTE!"

+1 from me too.

That's called "knowing your audience". Superb, and I bet everyone (that got the joke) read it, laughed, then said it out loud just like big Tone and laughed again.

• Paid Members

Very funny one-liner. Or two-worder to be precise.

I think LWOLeN is just a bit excited as he is Dutch (or just lives out there?) and Tommy End would be the first Dutch wrestler in WWE since...perhaps ever? Has there ever been one?

Zeb Colter

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Very much enjoyed scratchdj's fine effort in he 'What are your local TV presenters like' thread. The bit about 'The Greasy Wobbler' had me doing real laughter.

Whenever I travel for work, the thing that always seems weird is waking up to unusual local news and weather presenters. People who seem utterly normal and familiar to thousands seem odd and alien to those that are just passing through.

So, who's your local team? Any characters? And hotties?

Our local BBC regional news in Look East. Here's who we've got and what they're called in our house:

Susie Fowler-Watt, evening news anchor (aka Susie Fowler-Where, Susie Fowler-When, Susie Fowler-Who, Curd Bags)

sfw20120522s.jpg

The perennial anchor with two big boobs and a chin. Wears dresses that are too clingy and low cut for when you're eating your tea.

Stuart White, news anchor (aka, Stuart)

stewart-white-Image-001.jpg

Susie's on-screen husband who seems to have been doing the local news since time began. A regular fixture on our local Children in Need broadcasts.

Jim Bacon, weather (aka The Greasy Wobbler)

hqdefault.jpg

Looks like a Trumpton character. Tells the weather quite well when it's going to be nice, and less well when rain is predicted. Always greasy.

Louise Priest, morning news anchor (aka Channel Tunnel Nostrils)

louise-priest_400x400.jpg

A terrifying vision and a disappointment to wake up to. Doesn't own an iron.

Felicity Simper, morning news anchor (aka Prince Adam Hair)

photo.jpg

Frumpy, speaks through her nose. Has based her hair on He-Man.

Catherine Nash, morning news anchor (aka Nash)

maxresdefault.jpg

Fine enough, but has an overly-long sign off and annoyingly looks at the clock off-screen after each piece.

Julie Reinger, weather (aka Skelator)

julie-reinger-Image-004.jpg

Anchors her elbows to her sides and spouts weather occasionally. Fights on another planet with Simper (Prince Adam Hair).

Who tells you stuff on your telly?

Archived