I'm guessing his sister had an NKOTB figure! I'm guessing it was Jordan. Unless she was a bit of a rebel, then in that case Donnie.

Believe it was Jordan, lesson learned that next time I will go to the bother of writing new kids on the block!

My first Hasbros were Macho Man and Andre, I think from WH Smiths. One of the next ones after that was Jake The Snake, from Woolworths, but I returned it either because the punch action didn't work or I was too much of an idiot child to figure out how it worked. I'm not sure who I got instead of Jake, perhaps the person behind the counter just showed me how the punch action worked.

I can't really place when I got them, but I remember taking them to Butlins in 1992 and playing with them in the doorway of the chalet. Then I made a friend on the coach on the way home and we played with them, and he told me that Ric Flair had won the belt back off Macho Man. I remember going into Woolworths the day after the show had been on where (the news update said) Bret Hart won the belt for the first time, and Woolies had the series with him and Bulldog. A bigger boy asked me which one I wanted and I pointed at Bulldog, then he told me he was talking to his little brother, not me.

Christmas 1993, I knew the ones I was getting (I think it was the whole series with Ric Flair and Nailz) and planned my big Christmas Chaos card around them.

For some reason, those were the latest of the Hasbro figures I got. I did get IRS and Skinner after that, from a Kay's catalogue or something, but a boy at school did a weekend-swap with me where I had his Amiga and he had my wrestlers. When we swapped back on the Sunday night, my IRS wasn't there. The cheeky fucker even brought it into school for toy day not long after!

I don't know why I never got Bam Bam, Yokozuna, Steiners etc. I remember seeing the first Jakks figures (Index book in summer 1996) and being amazed at how much better they were. Undertaker's hat came off! I hated the ones in hats. And the jumping ones with hunchbacks and unilegs. Favourites to play with were the gorilla press ones, I think. 

There was a Hasbro revival at my school in the attitude era. Not in my year, but a couple of years below. I've got a mate who got loads of the figures and then and kept them until a couple of years back. He had an El Matador in the packaging for about fifteen years, thinking he'd make his fortune off it. Before he sold his collection off, he'd occasionally do a figure federation. It was always based on an incomprehensible Royal Rumble system though, where there'd be a Rumble for the world title, a Rumble for the WrestleMania title match, a Rumble for the Intercontinental, a Rumble for the tag team, and runners-up Rumbles and so on. He was booking it on the fly as well, and if he dropped the figure he wanted to win, the elimination would stand. He never got as far as a WrestleMania, or even a Raw or Superstars episode, but he had countless Rumbles. For the last few years, he's created several hundred Skyrim characters and never finished the game. He always gets bored and goes back to the start. I'd never linked the two things before.

I was much more a WCW guy in the early 90s and had a near complete set of WCW figures (although only one attire of each guy). A relation had gotten me the Hulk Hogan with the bearhug at one point but the first Hasbro I actually got because I wanted it was Papa Shango, mainly because he was dressed a bit like Vader and I wanted to have Sting vs Vader matches. Around this time (mid 93) a friend of mine got Sky and I started to get more into WWF and gradually amassed a considerable Hasbro collection too. To the end though, I still preferred my WCW Galloobs. Although they didn't move, they were more true-to-life. Ric Flair's body was a bit saggy for example, and his hand was posed perfectly for chops. So many happy memories of these toys.

There is one major disappointment however. I always dreamed of going into an old toy-shop and sitting there would be a Rick Rude from one of the early series just sitting waiting to be bought. I never did get him though!

Edited by fraserbee

I had a near full collection, but couldn't get a few toughies like 123 Kid, Dusty, red Hogan etc. once I got into wrestling, outside of games consoles they were just about the only toy I played with, so it was an easy win for people around Christmas and Birthday time.

Probably only half were first hand though, I had great luck at car boot sales around 93-95 where the fad had obviously passed. I remember another usual loot around a box of a million Pipers, Bulldogs, Hogans etc I noticed loads of accessories kicking about that I'd never had. So I ended up buying guys I already had to justify their little gimmicks. Picture Jim Neidhart in an ill-fitting Demolition mask, Big Bossman and his famed parrot Frankie and purple trunk Randy Savage's Accoustic Equaliser.

I recall, absolutely fucking years ago, doing aong post on here recounting all my favourite storylines I did as a kid, with the still-sentimental of Undertaker shooting Warlord dead, allowing for a monster pop from the imaginary crowd when he returned later that year.

• Paid Members

My first figures where the giant rubber WWF ones, awful things to try and play with. 

My first hasbro was ultimate warrior with that stupid jump spring loaded thing. It came via mail order without a box.....i was very disappointed. I dont remember what happened to all of them i must have given them away i guess.

• Paid Members

Did Hasbro make those awful rubber ones where Piper had red underpants and you got to put your thumb up Iron Shiek's arse? They were shit.

Thumb wrestlers! I loved them. I had Nikolai Volkoff, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper and Hillbilly Jim. This was a good few years before I got into wrestling as well I think, perhaps '87? Would that seem about right?