• Paid Members

Anybody else remember the Wrestling Figure shop in the Barras, at the Gallowgate, in the early 90s? Used to be packed out with these things, at extortionate prices I seem to recall. Used to see ones from the U.S. in there. So somebody must have been importing them.

Anybody else remember the Wrestling Figure shop in the Barras, at the Gallowgate, in the early 90s? Used to be packed out with these things, at extortionate prices I seem to recall. Used to see ones from the U.S. in there. So somebody must have been importing them.

I'm gonna put a longer post up later but I remember this shop well. I got the Mr Perfect I. The yellow singlet out of there before it had a UK release. Think it was about 15 quid which was expensive for the time.

• Paid Members

I remember my mates Mother bought him a Hulk Hogan Hasbro and brought up to the school playground one lunch time. It was the first time I'd seen them in our small Valleys town and I was in awe. I got home that day and pleaded with my parents for the same Hogan toy... "The one in yellow".

I got home from school the next day and there was a present for me... Kitted in yellow, yes, it was Akeem!

Even though he wasn't the Hulkster, Akeem became the chief babyface matched up against the perilous army of Ghost Busters and He Man... That was until Hogan made his long awaited debut in the SWF one Christmas morning.

The barras shop was a dream when wee, we used to get dragged around there most weekends when my mum visited my gran, and I used to want those figures so badly. Sadly a figure treat was once a month back then.

Most of my figs where in the 91-93 range, was some after that that I lusted but never got. Some reason I remember natural disasters comIng out a long time after they had finished up. Think I have about 30, undertakers lost his hat, have koko and Frankie, steamboats figure was the worst to do anything with. used to pretend rockers Shan was owen as by time I had figures he was already hbk. Warlord figure was a beast, always had him go against bulldog. And had a nkotb figure of my sister that I used as Todd pettingill

• Paid Members

And had a nkotb figure of my sister that I used as Todd pettingill

When shitty spelling produces hilarious results. Not sure which idea I like most, your sister having her own merch, or the fact you'd liken her likeness to that of Todd.

I had pretty much every single one up to the last series. I kept them all in two ninja turtles backpacks. I swapped them all (ALL!!!) for a mega drive with Fifa. Worst decision of my life.

The very first ones I got were the demolition tag team pack and Brutus beefcake when I was in Florida. My favourite way to play with them was do gauntlet style royal rumble matches by picking. Random from the aforementioned turtles bags. It got to the point where I could identify all the figures through touch alone so I became I bit of a backpack booker making sure my two favourites didn't have to eliminate each other early on.

And yeah, fuck the hats. Fuck pipers skirt. And fuck steamboats dragon wings.

• Paid Members

CXjWQzEWsAAI5qJ.jpg

All I can think of here is that in your fed Sonic and Tails flank Piper on his way to the ring, like his equivalent of Midajah and Shakira.

Come to think of it, if Piper HAD had a couple of valets flanking him in his glory days, he'd probably have been seeing Sonic and Tails anyway.

• Paid Members

I ended up tossing them all when I was about 20, which, I have to say, one of the worst regrets of my life. Could have made a mint on Ebay.

I sold all of ours in about 2000 when eBay was fairly new. They were in played with condition and we made about £250-300. We never had any really rare ones but some still went for around £15 each. Could barely believe it.