Pity me. My mum banned me from owning any be ause she thought wrestling would make me violent. Having read this thread, I'm very tempted to get some off eBay!

Serious question: does anyone still actually play with them, or are they only on display?

Is that amazing, amazing thread with Roger and "his" collection of wrestling figures lost forever? I remember it all kicked off on here and reading that thread was better entertainment than most things aff the telly.

Edited by LEGIT

• Paid Members

Is that amazing, amazing thread with Roger and "his" collection of wrestling figures lost forever? I remember it all kicked off on here and reading that thread was better entertainment than most things aff the telly.

This thread is in Gold: https://ukff.com/topic/46825-wwf-hasbro-figures-1990-1994/undefined

I hope it's what you're looking for.

Edit: Having skimmed it, I don't think it is. Sorry.

Edited by Jaffa

• Paid Members

What about Galoobs? Back in the day they were only jobbers to my Hasbros, but I chucked all my figures when I thought I'd grown up. Then I saw this lot at a boot sale last year and had to have them. 

galoobs_zpsvtaxrrxt.jpg

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

The WCW Galoobs are pretty cool as models to bang on a shelf but as far as having a match in the ring they sucked. The biggest problem i had with them though was that i had a few of who i have no idea who they were. Barry Windham basically became The Undertaker for me cause i had no clue on who he was or what kind of move set he had

The Luger Galoob was always dishing out those double DDTs and double headlocks when me and my brother used to play with them.

Before we got the Doink figure, we used to use Junkman from the Crash Dummies as him. For some reason a figure of Cable from X-Men was our Goldberg.

The best substitute though was probably the NFL player from the Ghostbusters line as Vader.

• Paid Members

Who were the most notable omissions from the entire Hasbro line? I'd say Diesel must be the biggest one, but Haku and Barbarian would both have made for great figures and I reckon Bobby Heenan and Jimmy Hart would have been great to have even though they weren't wrestlers. Even as a kid, who wouldn't have wanted a Jimmy Hart with a megaphone accessory?!

• Paid Members

Yeah, Haku and Barbarian would've been great. And I completely agree on the managers. Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, even Slick, would've been brilliant. They at least should've made The Brain. And maybe threw him in a double pack with Andre.

Timing wise though, I get why a lot of them weren't made. At the time when the early Hasbros were coming out, there weren't really anyone in those series that you'd omit in favour of Haku or Barbarian.

And by the time Diesel was prominent, the WWF Hasbro thing was drying up. I imagine if there'd been another series after the one with Giant Gonzalez, 123 Kid, Smoking Gunns etc, Diesel would've been in there for sure. Along with 'King Of Harts' Owen, Jeff Jarrett etc.

There defo was a haku, purple tights with the leg stomp action. Have a feeling barbarian too

Edit- quick search says I'm wrong re haku. Can't work out who figure I have it my head is

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members

I agree that The Brain and The Mouth should have had figures. You've got your ring, you're setting up your big grudge matches... would have made perfect sense to be able to stand your antagonist manager at the side of the ring in support of Perfect or Earthquake. Getting to buy The Brain would have given far more fun to my Hasbro fed than Skinner ever did.

The one that always confused me was that when they did the first tag team sets, along with Demolition and The Rockers, they thought the Bushwhackers would sell better than a Hart Foundation set. I suppose they did have the kiddy appeal (I thought they were annoying retards personally) but it irked me that they didn't thin Bret & Jim were popular enough to get Hasbros at that point, even though they'd had big LJN figures, a Coliseum tape etc. Yes Bret and Jim each got a solo figure later but I would have liked them to get a tag set.

The next set of Hasbros was supposed to include Diesel and "Made In The USA" repaint of Luger wasn't it, before they got cancelled? From the same time period I would have really liked Quebecers (new mold without jacket/shades/hat that The Mountie had) so that I could have had The Steiners murder them. Or my aforementioned massive fatty team of Bam Bam and Kamala.

There defo was a haku, purple tights with the leg stomp action. Have a feeling barbarian too

No, and no.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Timing wise though, I get why a lot of them weren't made. At the time when the early Hasbros were coming out, there weren't really anyone in those series that you'd omit in favour of Haku or Barbarian.

Greg Valentine. Imagine the disappointed look on a kids face at Christmas when they unwrap The Hammer.

• Paid Members

Greg Valentine. Imagine the disappointed look on a kids face at Christmas when they unwrap The Hammer.

You're right. I'd have much preferred a Haku or Barbarian over Greg Valentine.

And I don't even have to imagine that disappointment. I lived it. Christmas 1992 or 93, whichever it was. I got a bunch of Hasbros that year and obviously wrapped in Christmas paper they all looked the same. Greg was the first one I opened. Underwhelming is probably the best word to describe the feeling I had seeing his little plastic sour face (although I have to say, the Valentine Hasbro is one they got spot on, right down to the miserable expression). I got over it quickly once I unwrapped Razor Ramon though.