• Paid Members

I’m taking part in a custom contest, with a cash prize. hosted by Jeremy Padawer. There’s some great figures, but this has just been uploaded. Even if I win, I’m sending this lad the winnings. 
Mr Blobby out of a Hasbro Koko B.Ware and of course, Mr. Lloyds bank, Noel Edmunds from Ted DiBiase Hasbro.

02715FA5-AE2B-47FD-B885-18F996CF6BA3.jpeg

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Statto said:

As much as I love those, that pic has been doing the rounds for a while so I’d insist on a patented UKFF Fork Pic before handing it over to whoever posted it!

It’s been going around for the past year, and are still the best wrestling figures on the market.

Hasbros are pure nostalgic joy. My mate has recently been collecting them all and displaying them in his office. I also love the mystique of things like the x3 mail away figures, the legend of moon belly Kamala, purple heart Bret, Macho "man" without the crown and scepter and the ridiculously rare final series etc. They're the best ever wrestling toys.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, IronSheik said:

Hasbros are pure nostalgic joy. My mate has recently been collecting them all and displaying them in his office. I also love the mystique of things like the x3 mail away figures, the legend of moon belly Kamala, purple heart Bret, Macho "man" without the crown and scepter and the ridiculously rare final series etc. They're the best ever wrestling toys.

I’ve never owned the mailaway undertaker, but sold the other 2 mailaways to an Australian collector a year ago. I assumed we desperately needed a new front door and I assumed we reached the peak of their value. I was wrong. 

I started  a little collection whilst recovering from surgery. I had LOD, Earthquake and Big Boss Man to start.

Only had one mishap in the post Greg The Hammer, arm now fixed and Sgt Slaughter doesnt stand as base has warped. Aside from that happy with the collection

115803359_787754521968696_54151445670457

117962936_806241883453293_13119190651166

117304470_797795304297951_53275379976389

• Paid Members

I was born in 1989.  I have vague memories as (I think) a 3 old being taken to shops like Woolworths and buying Hasbros, likely in (again I think) late 92/early 93...I remember getting the Summerland 92 VHS and wanting figures after that.

From then until about 1996 I acquired a fairly decent collection of Hasbros, the majority of which were brought second hand at carboot sales etc, but some new.  Probably didn't get any more after 1996.

I reckon I have about 75% of the figures from series 1-6.  I don't think I have any from series 7 or 8.  I have nearly all from series 9 for some reason, but only a handful from series 10 and 11.

My question is, were series 7-11 especially difficult to come across in UK shops at the time of their release?  

And more generally, can people who lived though the WWF UK boom and bust of the early to mid 90's remember how mainstream Hasbros were in UK shops at their peak, and how rare they were as the WWF fad died?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, bbabba said:

I was born in 1989.  I have vague memories as (I think) a 3 old being taken to shops like Woolworths and buying Hasbros, likely in (again I think) late 92/early 93...I remember getting the Summerland 92 VHS and wanting figures after that.

From then until about 1996 I acquired a fairly decent collection of Hasbros, the majority of which were brought second hand at carboot sales etc, but some new.  Probably didn't get any more after 1996.

I reckon I have about 75% of the figures from series 1-6.  I don't think I have any from series 7 or 8.  I have nearly all from series 9 for some reason, but only a handful from series 10 and 11.

My question is, were series 7-11 especially difficult to come across in UK shops at the time of their release?  

And more generally, can people who lived though the WWF UK boom and bust of the early to mid 90's remember how mainstream Hasbros were in UK shops at their peak, and how rare they were as the WWF fad died?

I remember seeing Hasbro 7 & 8 in Toy Stack which I think was a small chain in the south around 94/5. Before that they were everywhere, but that was the last releases I found. Toys R Us back then was a rare treat and don’t remember seeing them there at all. But the first time I ever saw them must have been late 90/early 91 in Hamleys. Floor to ceiling series 1 and it blew my mind as if just gotten into it, and the only wwf toys I’d seen were some wrestling superstars in the back of a sky listing magazine for mail order. My Ring with Hulk and Warrior series 1 came from Littlewoods. Once Argos stopped selling them around 93, they pretty much disappeared until Index started selling Jakks in late 96. 

• Paid Members
On 12/7/2020 at 7:04 AM, IronSheik said:

Was that such a big deal? I have that one, never knew it was special.