3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Just saw this. I just had two Warriors tagging each as The Ultimate Warriors and never bothered explaining why there were two. Also had a second Mr Perfect exposed as an imposter and eventually they reconciled and became The Perfect Team and I’m pretty sure the other got called Mike something. And Ted DiBiase #3 might have called Brian.

I done this with my Galoob WCW figures as I somehow had two of the blue trunks version of Lex Luger so I dubbed one as Rex and had them as a team for a while until I traded Rex to my mate for his Arn Anderson

22 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Can’t say I do, no matter how much I want it to be true mate. Saying that, their molded on capes would’ve been a nightmare. If LOD weren’t  getting removables, not a chance Beaumont & Blakely were. It was their best bit. I wonder which version of the cape we’d have got, obviously purely depends on the exact dates the proof/promo shots would’ve been taken.

There is a production photo knocking about - see here. Apparently this was step one in the Hasbro process. Maybe both jumpers, with capes hanging from the shoulder blades similar to the wings on Dragon Steamboat?

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Warrior said:

There is a production photo knocking about - see here. Apparently this was step one in the Hasbro process. Maybe both jumpers, with capes hanging from the shoulder blades similar to the wings on Dragon Steamboat?

I’m not convinced. I’m not against the idea of it possibly being for hasbros, but both Steve & Tom took photos and created promo slides for absolutely everything, including magazines, posters, VHS covers, etc. There’s not enough there for me to believe that slide is for a Hasbro reference pic. Here’s one of my Papa Shango slides which ever says “for reference”.

DEE990DD-C157-46EE-B3FE-73C211B4F847.jpeg

17 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Looks like a paedophile sting to be. "You been licking kids heads again? No dont turn your back, we've got all your texts on file and the police are on their way."

I misread this as The Bushwhacker looked like a paedophile Sting...hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
17 hours ago, BigJag said:

I didn't even know that they did a mail away Hasbro promotion in the UK.

Yeah, there was a few. The silver vision video one, and the Bret/Hogan/Undertaker mailaway set from the magazines, the Hogans 1 & 2 that came with Silver Vision, then the bagged but not technically mailaway figures (Hogan & Savage that came bagged with a limited amount of rings, and the Warrior that came a small amount of catalogue rings).

I’ve owned and sold most of them, but never had the Undertaker mailaway or the ring Warrior. Regret selling them, but needs must.

• 1 month later...

I've had a clear out of my Mum's house recently and found a box of all my old Hasbros.  My six-year-old loves playing with them now.

Unfortunately the ring isn't in very good condition any more.  Is it still possible to get a Hasbro ring anywhere?  Did Mattel release one along with their Retro figure series?

I had the Galoob WCW ring with cage as well and it would be good to get a replacement for that, if possible.

Thanks!

• Paid Members

Even in poor condition that ring could be worth a lot of money. Same goes for the figures depending on which ones you've got, so I'd take a look into that before you let your little one smash them to bits. You could potentially buy them a shitload of brand new toys through the sale of just a few of your old ones unless you're particularly sentimental. 

• 3 months later...