On 12/7/2020 at 11:48 PM, bbabba said:

And more generally, can people who lived though the WWF UK boom and bust of the early to mid 90's remember how mainstream Hasbros were in UK shops at their peak, and how rare they were as the WWF fad died?

I think my old local Toymasters would still gladly sell you a batch of Texas Tornadoes.

• Paid Members

My favourite Hasbro availability memories during the peak were how random newsagents in small towns would occasionally have a rack of Spanish imported ones. I bought plenty.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, David said:

Was there two different versions of Mr Perfect? One with a yellow singlet and one with a different coloured one? Or did I dream/imagine/hallucinate that?

No, you're right. The blue one came out in 1994 a few years after the yellow one. Pretty sure despite the massive time gap, it was just a repaint though.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, David said:

Was there two different versions of Mr Perfect? One with a yellow singlet and one with a different coloured one? Or did I dream/imagine/hallucinate that?

There was a blue one later in the run. I always remembered him in blue, wasn’t until years later I saw him in the yellow in some of his bigger bouts.

• Paid Members

The blue one had a yellow upper back to it which I approved of as from ‘89 onwards Perfect seemed to always be wearing a two-tone singlet, the most synonymous with him being yellow with black, so the original toy always felt a bit imperfect (lol) to me as his singlet was totally yellow.

Of course, one glorious exception was the black and sparkly number he wore at Survivors 92. Interestingly enough (to me) early adverts for the Royal Rumble video game seemed to show his sprite wearing that outfit but by the time the game was released, he was only playable in the blue with black singlet he wore for most of 91.

Love my Hasbros. Spent ages buying them again off eBay as I sold them as a kid, darn Car Boot sales.

One thing that used to wind me up was the headlock figures. Why? They can’t really do much and their waists are just so skinny! 

I know we probably all used other toys as wrestling figures, but did anyone’s Hasbros ever do double duty? So my Greg Valentine was often Dusty Rhodes as they had the same colour hair and attire. Plus Macho King was Hercules

With Greg Valentine also, I would gold marker a triangle pattern on the inner thighs of him and have him as Hunter Hearst Helmsley. I had two yellow singlet Mr. Perfect figures, I'd use one as Jeff Jarrett. I black marker penned the Rocker Shawn Michaels figure to become Rocket Owen Hart.

Other than those Hasbro for Hasbro swaps, I used an old He-man figure. Black marker penned a trouser singlet get up, as well as his yellow hair and he became Diesel.

• 1 month later...

I saw a post on UKFF a while back with a scan of a letter from the UK distributor of hasbros from back in the day confirming which figures from each series were released here. The mystery of why I couldn’t find Dusty Rhodes anywhere despite knowing a ton of people with massive collections was finally answered. Can’t remember if Andre the Giant went completely unreleased here or just had an incredibly small run, but couldn’t get him either.